Claimed:Busy Week For Slaughter

sterling

Busy Week For Slaughter

Season 37 Entry Draft top prospect Tom Slaughter had a very busy week after a successful off-season. The second year VHLM winger was lucky to be picked up by the Ottawa Lynx close to the end of Season 35. The Lynx were an extremely talented team and Slaughter graciously was able to learn from a number of key VHLM verterans last season. Due to the VHLM waiver system, the winger was released by the champions and subsequently drafted by the Bratislava Watchmen second overall.

Evander_Kane.jpg

"It was a whirlwind few months for me. It was a lot to learn and now I feel like I've landed in ane even better spot than I had last season. I seriously think our team in Bratislava has a great chance at winning the Founder's Cup this season. To have the top four draft picks in the first round just puts you at such a huge advantage. We have the best defenceman, forward and goalie in this draft class so I am really excited," Slaughter said.

Slaughter should be excited for good reason as he stands a good chance of becoming one of the few players ever in the history of the VHLM to win successive Founder's Cup championsips with two different teams. Slaughter also stands no chance of playing in the minors again after this season as the forward has surpased the practice hour limit for a VHLM player. Slaughter will be drafted by a VHL team and will start his career in the league immediately afterward. Thus it is important for him to get some much needed training and experience this season. The matter of where Slaughter will go is still up in the air, but it seems likely that the winger will be going to one of two teams.

are-the-atlanta-thrashers-hoarding-black

"I apparently have a decent shot of going to either Riga or New York at this point. Both seem like nice franchises. I'd like a chance to play with Slaeter Fjorsstrom again in the VHL. He's a talented guy and a great teammate. If we make it onto the same roster I have to think we'll be a powerful team. With that said, I'm open to playing for any team in the league," the winger said.

Before the season began Slaughter had an opportunity to visit both Riga and New York's team facilities as set up by his player agent Sterling Labatte. The winger got an icy reception upon visiting Riga's locker room, making the player question whether Riga would be an ideal place to play. New York on the other hand is quiet interested in acquiring Slaughter. "Yeah, New York's attitude seems to be that of a winning team. I think those guys have a great future, I'd love to be a part of it. We'll see what happens. I'll be happy with a competetive team and good teammates," Slaughter said.

With the draft over and a tough off-season of intense training, Slaughter was ready to hit the ice. After two games to start the season and no points it seems like the winger may not be living up to the standards of his hype. "Just some bad luck, I played a lot of minutes in this games and got some quality shots on net, but I was squeezing the stick too much I suppose. I'm confident I'll have a solid year and we'll win a lot of games. What matters is we won twice," Slaughter said.

lol icy reception indeed Jamie went all motherly in our LR and beat out the intruder.

In all seriousness I do want the opportunity to help you win another cup having not liked the way we parted last time.

Content: 3/3 - Solid read, and a busy week it was. The uprising of Slaughter will certainly have VHL teams on the ready to draft you come draft day. I saw Bratislava's draft picks and I knew they were all good, especially taking you. I'll be on the lookout for Slaughter whenever I'm in goal.  :P

Grammar: 2/2 - Spell check.

ane - an

quiet - quite

competetive - competitive

Appearance: 1/1 - Good.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6