NYA Weekly Stars #4

scoop

3rd Star - Tom Lincoln @brovy

15 goals, 21 points, 0 PIM, 14.85% SHT

Lincoln had over a goal per game, so you'd think maybe he'd earn a spot higher than third star. With just six assists, though, he was only second on the team in points during these 14 games. He has continued his streak of taking 0 penalties. He even did a fine job on the limited number of face-offs that he took.

2nd Star - Unassisted @STZ

18 assists, 26 points, 64 hits, 70.15% FO

Unassisted's reign as the 1st star as come to an end. Over these 14 games, he led New York with 26 points, and he continued to rack of the hits and be a beast at face-offs. What I find particularly impressive is that he had just 12 penalty minutes to go with those 64 hits. He was named the first star in four games, and the second star in three games, demonstrating a consistency in his strong play.

1st Star - Ilya Kopralkov @Toast

11 wins, 0.941 save percentage, 1.21 GAA, 6 shutouts

Kopralkov has had a bit of an up and down season. During the first and third weeks, he had a save percentage under 0.900. During the second and fourth weeks, he was above 0.930. This week was particularly strong, earning six shutouts in 14 starts.

2 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

I did think about bringing you up (der meister, gorlab, and I discuss and make the choices) as a possible choice, considering this week was probably our best shot to get you on there!

There's always next week ;)

54 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

I did think about bringing you up (der meister, gorlab, and I discuss and make the choices) as a possible choice, considering this week was probably our best shot to get you on there!

Shit my LR Leaders and Captain's taking initiative to a new level here. 

Also good to see Ilya getting it going. I feel his save percentage this season hasn't been entirely reflective of how good he has been. We haven't given up too many goals season wide and he's a big reason for that.