Jacob considers the Wranglers [1/2]

Higgins

"As the agent that represents Jacob I only have the best interests of my client in mind. I believe that the best interest of the my client is for him to be playing hockey games. I've had my ear to the pavement and have been in communication with the Ottawa manager where Jacob is currently playing, and the Calgary manager, the team that owns the VHL rights to Jacob. It's definitely possible that Jacob will be called up to play for the Wranglers in the near future. If he's not getting time in the net in the VHLM, he may as well be playing in the VHL gaining valuable experience."

-Jacob's Agent

DWxSrNBfqu2q4aWEIb5pZ5vCfXDjfB2TFm5pU=

Jacob was drafted to the Ottawa Lynx in the S52 VHLM Draft at 7th overall. He is currently the only player from the first round of that VHLM Draft that is not playing in the VHL for Season 53. It is possible that Jacob is reaching the 'bust' status as he has been left behind in the minor league system by the majority of his fellow draftees.

In Season 52 Jacob played in all of the Ottawa Lynx games posting a record of 42-26-4 he also had a save percentage of 90.3% and a goals against average of 2.10. Jacob was used to the workload that Ottawa provided him, but was expecting to make the jump to the VHL and join the Helsinki Titans for Season 53.

After an unforeseen set of circumstances, Jacob was traded to the Calgary Wranglers before ever setting foot in Helsinki. Calgary wasn't in a position to play Jacob full time this season, so he was sent back to the VHLM to play another full season with Ottawa. In the off-season the Lynx added two up and coming goaltenders to their roster with Arthan Lawrence and Alexander Wolf, which means that Jacob would be splitting the net three-ways for Season 53.

Jacob has played in 3 of Ottawas first 5 games this season and has posted a 3-0-0 record with a save percentage of 94.9% and a goals against average of 1.00. But even after such a hot start to the season, Jacob is marked in to start in 1 of the teams next 7 games. This upcoming stretch of 6 games without Jacob in the net, could see him make his Wranglers debut. It likely wouldn't be full time though as the Wranglers manager has plans of a full rebuild and wouldn't want to stunt the growth of their franchise goaltender.

It is no secret that the Wranglers broke the bank to acquire Jacob in the off-season from the Titans. As of right now, Jacob is the only A+ prospect in the Wranglers system and if he wanted to play some games in the VHL this season the Wranglers would be more than willing to pay for travel between Ottawa and Calgary for the goaltender. As for the short term, Jacob is only interested in the success of the Ottawa Lynx and is enjoying the chance to learn and mentor two younger goalies in the organization.

• 3 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Jacob considers the Wranglers [1/2]