Tough guys got feelings too

jRuutu

I was recently nominated to be the captain for s53. That is a huge honor, but at the same time it puts some extra pressure on me. I will try to lead by example and make sure that everybody gets to be themselves in the locker room, I think that is the most important thing, try to get everybody together and work towards the same goal.

There is also decisions you need to make as a captain that other members of the team might never have to worry about, for example in Quebec the captain chooses the soundtrack for Fridays morning skate. Nothing big, few songs that will be played in the locker room before and after the two hour session.

Many don´t get to see this side of me, but I´m actually quite sensitive guy, so I tried to test the ice little bit and put one of my all time favorites to be the opening song. Things went wrongly quickly, the song started playing and it did not take too long before someone threw the boombox to the wall. I made it sound like putting the song on was a joke, but in reality I was hurt.