Help Wanted

FacePuncher

Hey nerds. So, you probably all know that i am the Saskatoon GM. Our team is doing surprisingly well this year, mainly because we are playing a very easy schedule so far. We have had lots of points scored. The problem is, the points have mainly been going to inactives. As a VHLM GM obviously my main concern is to have my active guys enjoying their stay. Part of that is going to be sim success. Butinactives Austin Hickey V and Jigglejawns both have more points than our top active, Shawn Gretzky, and 30 TPE scrubs Trapan Apansson and Ryan Nichollson both have more points than The Schmeckler and Johnny Styles. Im not really sure why that is, and being the n00b that i am, Im not really sure what to change.

If anyone out there is willing to help me set lines to make my actives score more, tell me what i did wrong, and help me not be suck a scrub, that would be appreciated!

for Podarok

1 Johnny Styles            Austin Hickey V          Rudolph Schmeckeldorf    50     0   1  4  
 2 Shawn Gretzky            Ryan Nichollson          Crash McClannahan        50     0   1  4  
 3 Shawn Gretzky            Rudolph Schmeckeldorf    Johnny Styles            0      1   2  2  
 4 Ryan Nichollson          Austin Hickey V          Crash McClannahan        0      1   2  2  

I mean, it's hard to really gauge why AHV has more points than Gretzky, since both lines get the same time on the ice, with the same OFF/DEF strategy. But, Jigglejawns is our best defenseman and out there basically 100% of the game, so it's not hard to guess that he'd get a lot of points. Gretzky is only 1 point behind him now though. AHV has higher Scoring than Gretzky (76-70), although Gretzky has both Scoring and Passing at 70, while AHV's Passing is only 58. But, it seems to me, a lot of the time if a player's Passing and Scoring are the same then it somewhat affects the sim. The player is more confused, at least from what I've been told, so maybe Gretzky is experiencing that, while AHV is shooting a lot since his Scoring is almost 20 more than his Passing. All those AHV shots will result in either goals or rebound assists in the VHLM. Probably. I'm no expert.

Apansson and Nichollson having more points than Schmeckeldorf and Styles? It's hard to say, since the line combos are all there for all these guys to get points. Maybe you could just put the 3 actives you're talking about on one line, and put it 60% to 40%? Like, Styes/Gretzky/Schmeckeldorf on line 1 playing 60% of the game, while AHV, Nichollson and McClannahan play 40%? I'm just spitballing here.

Styles with AHV makes a lot of sense, since you want the high Passer with the high Scorer. Schmeck there too makes sense, because it compliments AHV's 76 Scoring even
more with his 74 Passing, but Gretzky's 70's would be fine as well. McClannahan's got nothing special going for him right now with his 45 Passing, so he can go wherever and just feed off of his linemates' success.

You can never really force things to happen in STHS. Sometimes inactives get more points. But, I suppose you can try out what I suggested, and force the actives to get more playing time than the inactives. I mean, Gretzky is a C just like Styles, but he'd be fine on the wing up there instead of AHV, because Gretzky is only 40 in Faceoffs anyways, so it wouldn't cripple line 2 in that regard.

I mean, at this point we're in 2nd place. Fucking around and trying shit out is doable. Hell, if it's not successful you can go straight back to the successful lines the next day.