Claimed:Screaming Seamen Rally Spotted

Seth

The Oslo Storm have struggled mightily thus far in the VHLM season. Although they have garnered a potential franchise goaltender in Kimmo Salo, his inexperience has been quite evident as the Storm have lost all four games he’s started. However, though the team’s recent struggles have not forged any negativity within the locker room; the same cannot be affirmed within a large section of the fanbase.  There have been recent outcries within this specific group, who are predominantly blaming the recent struggles on the team’s nickname. These fans label themselves as revolutionaries who are demanding that general manager Thomas Landry revert the team’s nickname to the Screaming Seamen.

In order to promote their cause, a multitude of individuals from the aforementioned group have initiated numerous rallies outside the Oslo Storm’s practice facility. When interviewed, a fan that chose to remain anonymous asserted:

‘’I know that as a collective group we seem like morons, but we honestly have a motive. We thoroughly believe that after our two Founder’s Cup victories as the Oslo Storm, we are cursed. Our recent struggles can attest to our belief and we feel that a name change will appease the VHLM gods. We are pleading with our general manager to comprehend our mission and hope in due time he will listen.’’

According to the anonymous fan, the rallying group plans on voicing their opinions at upcoming home games, by wearing custom made shirts in support of their cause. Furthermore, they have already formulated a custom logo, which they wish to present to management. The question remains, will management actually agree to their superstitious proclamation?  

SnSeamen.png

The proposed new logo for the team, if the name is changed.

When asked to comment on this specific group of fans, general manager Thomas Landry stated:

‘’I thoroughly believe the Oslo Storm have the most passionate fanbase in the entire VHLM. While we maintain our judgment that this select group is acting incredibly moronic, we empathize with their frustrations. The season has not progressed the way we had hoped, but it’s far too early to become concerned, yet alone obsessed with superstitions. Within adequate time I expect our team to improve dramatically, due to our impeccable coaching staff who will further our player’s development.’’

Storm fans anxiously await their upcoming games and are hoping for dramatic improvement instantly. Winning remains the only cure to ease the nerves and minds of fans. Without success, frustrations will continue to amount and a multitude of similar rallies will occur. While the forenamed group will uphold their beliefs, the Oslo Storm will primarily focus on their production on the ice. It remains to be seen if this outcry becomes a trend, but the hope from management is an abrupt no.

I like Oslo Storm honestly.. And the Seamen's colors r very close to Yukon Rush's.. Both are very close to the New York Islanders colors with the Seamens logo actually being an Islanders logo.. And no offense, but i dont like it.. If you were to change it, and go back to the roots, gothenburg eagles isnt too bad.. But there is already an iron eagle in vhlm.. Maybe just get a whole new identity! Haha.. Anyway, good article

I like Oslo Storm honestly.. And the Seamen's colors r very close to Yukon Rush's.. Both are very close to the New York Islanders colors with the Seamens logo actually being an Islanders logo.. And no offense, but i dont like it.. If you were to change it, and go back to the roots, gothenburg eagles isnt too bad.. But there is already an iron eagle in vhlm.. Maybe just get a whole new identity! Haha.. Anyway, good article

I didn't make the logo, so no offense taken!  :P

Sorry it took so long, the other media spot graders need to step it up next week. Hell, mine still isn't graded since I'm not allowed to grade my own.

Content: 3/3 - You wrote an article about the Screaming Seamen. Hell yeah you get three points!

Grammar: 2/2 - Just one little thing...

fanbase = fan base

Appearance: 1/1 - Aw yiss!

Overall: 6/6 - Avast ye, matey!