MT Power Loves Being Back Up

Devise

Much was made of the decision to sign Jakab Holik in free agency for the New York Americans. But one person who has seemed to be perfectly happy with the turn of events is young goalie MT Power who after playing only one full VHL season has to ride the pine for Season 54. Power had the following to say about it all.

I love it honestly. Last year was crazy. High pressure, high tension, big moments. It was fun don't get me wrong and you are not going to be playing this game unless that type of challenge is what your all about. But I mean after showing up and shutting out the Stockholm Vikings in game 7 of the playoffs the pressure was initially on. Could I step up and do it again? Will I use that performance to take the next step and begin to assert myself as a top goalie in this league? The answer? I don't have to worry about it. At least not for now. It's honestly very welcome for me. It gives me plenty of time to continue to grow my game and work on some things in practice, while learning from one of the best goalies in the league. Holik and I have had some jabs too back and forth as well, you know I out dueled him last season. But that guy is the real deal. Anyway, who knows how long this situation lasts but the longer it does the more comfortable I can get before I get a big enough work load to really start to make an impact again. So if anything it helps me out in the long run. That being said, so much of this could be just from the fact that first season in the league and you win the Continental Cup. I've known legends in this game even ones who played for this franchise who spend careers chasing Cups and big game moments and I was able to give that to my team and this city my first playoffs out. It's easy to be relaxed after that. 

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That's because M.T. Power knows it's the only way his career will go...

He'll be ready to back up King in Cologne after Holik is done no worries. :P