Free agency is hard

scoop

I don't like to disappoint people, so it's hard for me to make a choice here. I have an offer from three teams, and each team is very much in consideration, and each for a different reason.

New York

I've spent a lot of my time in the VHL with the Americans; I consider this team to be my VHL home. I've spent most of Maxwell's career up to this point with them, and we've won two championships. It's hard to leave this team. I've been a free agent twice before (Geno Esposito, Lloyd Light), and both times, I ultimately signed with New York. Maybe this will be the third time? Honestly, I wouldn't expect to win if I sign here, but this one would be about loyalty. Not just to the team, but to the other guys there who have dedicated themselves to the team.

Quebec City

Signing with the Meute is where I would go if I want to win. Already better than they were last season, I can't imagine anyone in North America could put up much of a fight if I were to join. Honestly, my thoughts of signing with Quebec started last off-season. I've never played for Frank, but I'd like to. And they have a lot of cool guys on this team.

Calgary

Coming into free agency, I was expecting my decision to come down to New York and Quebec, regardless of who else offers. However, joining Calgary is an intriguing proposal. Signing with them would be a move to help propel a rebuilding team into possibly contending.

I want to have my decision soon, no later than tomorrow night. Honestly, right now I'm thinking I might end up just rolling a die or something random. Ugh, this is supposed to be fun.

for Maxwell