GM 2: Riga vs. Cologne

Will

• Senior Admin
8 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Not happy that I sent in lines and still my lines weren't followed :(

They weren't followed because they were ridiculous - why would i upload lines that are, in effect, a circumvention of the salary cap?

For those wondering, it was entirely CPU players with every human player stuck on lines set to 0%. And also the fact that you tried to sneak COL G back onto the roster by scratching Vernon which is a no go - but I did follow your request to play Smith. 

Just now, Will said:

They weren't followed because they were ridiculous - why would i upload lines that are, in effect, a circumvention of the salary cap?

For those wondering, it was entirely CPU players with every human player stuck on lines set to 0%.

If a player on a Rookie contract is called up during the season or post-season, their whole salary counts against the cap that year.

I'm going to start V2A next sim since I can only start Smith 8 times and I'm saving him for those pesky away games at Seattle.

Sending Smallwood, Detlev, and Gisler back down in a few minutes too.

It's not circumvention at all, it's called being smart. :P

• Senior Admin
6 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

If a player on a Rookie contract is called up during the season or post-season, their whole salary counts against the cap that year.

To me that is not saying that their whole salary remains against the cap if they're sent back down.

It's saying that regardless of which point in the season that player is called up, their entire salary counts against the cap. As opposed to something like the percentage of salaries used for trades. 

The rule above that one is more relevant:

• All players playing on Rookie contracts in the VHLM don't count against the cap. Prime and Veteran contracts always count against the cap.