Claimed: Ride never ends

jRuutu

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Simulation league love story is about to come to it´s end, at least for now.  New York Americans announced that they are looking for new GM and some of their players will be traded out of the way, so the potential new general manager has a clean table to work with. Fair to say that interesting times are coming up in New York and in VHL, who will be the new general manager and where do all of the players end up going?

Today I would like to focus on the future from Quebecs point of view and think about what will happen in North-American division if and when New York will start their rebuild next off-season.

First of all, it will more than likely mean there is nobody to stop the Quebec train in the near future, our younger players are about to get into full speed and when that day comes, North-American division will be black and white.  New York has put up a good fight, but last season they finished second and now the same thing is about to happen again this year.

If New York sells everybody, Calgary and Toronto are next in line in trying to stop the golden train, also known as Quebec Meute. Will some of the players from New York perhaps join Calgary and or Toronto? Nobody knows, but Quebec is looking like to be the number one team in Northern-American division.

a0914366152a8e91f198d37d5e819d7d--intern

If making the playoffs is looking like a fairly sure thing, what New York going out of the picture actually mean for playoffs? Like mentioned, some of their players will be leaving and could just as well join our biggest rivals in the European division, I´m too lazy to do more research , but if you want to win as many games as possible, joining Stockholm and Helsinki more than likely makes the most sense, but then again, moving from New York to places like Stockholm and Helsinki?  Tough decision really, sure you got a change to win a cup, but living in those kind of conditions might not be worth it. Early retirement would creep into my mind at least if the options are playing one or two more seasons, but you would have to play in Stockholm or Helsinki.

At this point everything is pure speculation though, New York Americans could keep everybody together and put stop for the search of new GM. At the same time I have to say, now that my semi towards seeing New York down in the standings has gone away, it will be sad to see our little rivalry to come to it´s end for who knows how long. Starting from scratch is not a easy thing in VHL, the time when we see New York back on top might not come anytime soon or it can happen fairly shortly, nobody knows for sure.

I would like to end this article by giving  a warning to all the teams in North-American divison and at the same time to everybody in VHL, Quebec is coming after you, when we make it, the ride never ends. We are here to stay!

200_s.gif