Claimed: Could Sergei go top 3? [1/2]

For those who know me i never like to toot my own horn. Im harsh on myself, its always been my personality. I generally aim high, ive never aimed for the HOF, or individual award. Ive aimed for cups, loyalty, and just having fun here. This try im going for broke, since stepping down as GM i went rather quiet, i was bored of the league. I stuck around because of the support i had during my hard times, like my wifes passing. 

When i finally could create a new player i needed something to get me back into the swing. I wasnt going to be GM, only team ill GM again is Davos. So i put in all my effort, into Sergei. Who lets face it has been an utter disapointment production wise. Normally that off put me, see me give up. It has not though, i keep driving myself. I expect i wont go top 3, id think it a safe bet for top 5 though. I should be 3-4 in terms of TPE, once all said is done. 

Weird that i dont think ill go top 3 desipte that TPE level? 2 guys around me are wild cards, Aay, and Holy Fook. Both members are guys with greater track records than myself. Something i feel could play a role when it comes to draft time.  The other wild card, Ay Ay Ron, he could very well fall into GM designation if rumors are true. 

Defenders, are this years bread an butter which could argue for myself, going higher due to positional needs. Ive now had two articles, one written of player above me stating he feels i will be drafted ahead of him, which would likely see me finish 3rd. Another member put me second, now this is mainly based on Ay Ay Ron being GM designated GM player. Its crazy, to think i could go that high. Something i admit id never see coming. Im expecting to fall 4-5, which still places me as my best ever draft class. Despite the fact that, Vladimir actually will finish higher in TPE. Pavel will have only finished 30 or so less, goes to show how strong my draft classes generally are. 

Is it really possible that Colone picks me? The express GM ive heard on multiple occasions state he recreated due to such a deep defense draft. Him needing forward. Does that mean he looks at Sergei as a legit option, if Ay Ay Ron isnt designated it be impossible to pass over him. If he is though? What then Sergei has quickly been catching Aay, passed Holy Fook, and many others. Showing very little sign of slowing down to this point. 

Whats interesting to note however is development, at this point it is safe to assume Sergei needs another year in the VHLM. Well Aay does not, he likely can step in and play a role this season. He is still developing and could very well be a franchise defender himself. Something every team covets. Sergei however could come out of juniors next year more developed than Aay, and step right into a top 6 role. Its unclear how the draft will play out, Sergei could even fall farther than the top 5. We will not know till the draft plays out as the day still needs to be set.

I reckon you'll go top 3. I understand the point that you make about the HOF history with me and Will, but considering that there's circumstances surrounding that (My guy being completely random means a team can't build around me as I could go at any moment, don't think Will's even doing welfare), I think it negates that history that we have. 

REVIEW:

I have the benefit of reviewing this after the draft, but you did indeed go 3rd overall. Well deserved. I think you were looked at as the "safer" of the remaining choices for reasons both you and YEAH mentioned above, but that doesn't necessarily mean you don't have high upside. I don't think it's a unfair criticism that if YEAH was building a normal player and if Will was his normal active self that you may have fallen to 5th, but circumstances being as they are, you were (rightly IMO) selected 3rd overall. Good luck with this player going forward and I hope you meet your expectations.

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: Could Sergei go top 3? [1/2]