Claimed: What the Lotto win means to SEA?

Banackock

giphy.gif

GM Blake Campbell looks on as his team with the S56 LOTTO

It's going to be a long week, so I figured we'd get the media spot out of the way for the week tonight. In fact, it's been a long season for the Seattle Bears. We've lost more games than any season during my tenure and we had very, very few ups and an extreme amount of downs this season. I actually struggled with the position knowing all the time, effort and passion I've put into the role only to have it feel so difficult this season. I've had numerous careers - one retiring early prior to being a GM, one retiring at 190 TPE to recreate as a positional need during my tenure and then retiring that player early due to the GM trading rule. Now, I found myself with Mattias forsberg (250+ TPE centre) and Federov (450ish TPE D-man) and at times I feel like Federov will be another career potentially wasted. Yet, here I still am with one of the best up and coming defenders still on my roster. Is it a bad thing? Don't see how. It's the sacrifices that sometimes need to be made as a GM if you really want to find that success. 

Now, if you aren't living under a rock you will have already known that the Seattle Bears have won the S56 Lottery for the upcoming prospect entry draft. This means so many things for Seattle and myself during my tenure as the Seattle Bears GM. From picking whoever best fits Seattle and my plans for the team, to combating offers and the future of where the team will be heading and how we get there. To show those on the team, those possibly joining the team via trade of free agency or those simply spectating, exactly what that means for Seattle, I've thrown together a little something. 

1. McAllister @CowboyinAmerica

This name has been thrown around like a football in Texas. Probably lots, yeah? Or a nascar looping the track or something like that. In other words, a lot. Something that always tags along with this young gun is the fact that he's likely going first overall. I'm not going to waste other GM's time or the other prospects. There's really no need to play the mystery game or keeps things secret as there's nothing really to keep. Mcallister will be a Seattle Bear come Wednesday, at 2101 Eastern time.

2. The offers are rolling in

Now they're not just rolling in for the 1st overall pick - mind you, there is one team actively trying to get it and I'll give credit, they've made me think. In fact, they've made one hell of an offer and it's almost silly of me to turn it down. I told them it would take the craziest offer pitched my way and they had the balls and sent me just that. I'm always open to deals - offers and ideas. You'd be crazy not to be. Yet, even with the amazing offer - I can't seem to budge on letting a player (and especially person) like @CowboyinAmerica slide. Looks for talks with Federov to likely heat up. While it always great to have that elite defender, is it smart to hold onto him or build around the youth we have and let the prime players do their thing now? Guess we'll see but just to drop some fun to the league - 3 good teams are interested.

3. VERY fortunate

I've never won anything like this. If not mistaken, I was robbed of it quite sometime ago and it really sucked. I just finished working a late night shift. My girlfriend and I had plans to go on a date night - drove an hour from our home to go and the moment we arrived I got called back into work on my day off. Shitty, sure - but can't complain over $50/hour. Despite the unfortunate events of the evening and how they came about, I logged back on the following day to learn that somehow we lucked out and won the lottery. I don't think we could feel anymore lucky or fortunate to be in the position we are.

4. Changes are coming to Seattle

We want our players to always feel welcome and we surely want the locker room to be bumping. It's lacked lately but with the addition of McAllister, things will change and I think they will quickly. The first change that will be made is who wears what #'s. Last season, Federov was the "CAA" (so everything). In the up coming season, we're showing the hockey world who is boss for Seattle. Federov is the best player right now - sure. Hell of a defender - as are the rest of the players when it comes to each of their positions. But this year, @CowboyinAmerica gets the C, @Laflamme the "A" and Federov will take the final "A'. The future between these 3 will hopefully be huge.

giphy.gif

:sea:COME ON SEATTLE:sea:

12 for Federov (1 of 2 double weeks used)

Edited by Banackock