Claimed: VHLM Series Prediction!

jvd

YUKON VS VEGAS

1441707012805_Golden_Knights_Development_Camp.jpg.ddf7098fb91f226e63d70cfd06488105.jpg

The Rush had to fight their way through the Wild Card round to get where they are, and if last season is any indication, that could be a good thing. The team the are facing off against, the Las Vegas Aces, was in the Wild Card position last year and made a push all the way to the finals. I wouldn't count on a repeat of the WC heroics this year however, Las Vegas is a class above the competition, especially over the second half of the season. 

The Rush:

Yukon has some great players and leaders at the top of their depth chart: Mats Johnsson and Augustus Gloop make for an elite top pairing on D and everyone know Chase Keller is one of the best centres in the game right now (most would say #2, next to komarov). But after that, their talent drops off a bit (at least compared to their opponent), the Rush have just 3 players (those mentioned previously) inside the top 20 in VHLM scoring. Goaltending is a position of strength for the Rush. Kensington has managed to post the 2nd highest save % of the goaltenders in the playoffs, while facing the most shots and we all know a goalie can steal a game or two in a series. Yukon is by far the underdog in this match up and they have their work cut out for them, but they have a chance. If their top D can keep the shots low enough for Kensington and Keller produces like we all know he is capable of, this will be an exciting series.

The Aces:

What a season for Las Vegas. They started off with a bit of bad luck in their shooting percentage, as I mentioned in an earlier article, and underachieved for the first half of the season. But the law of averages held true, and the huge shot volumes they have been generating turned into goals at an incredible rate. With Komarov leading the charge, the Aces managed a staggering 304 goals in season 56, 54 more than the 2nd place Lynx. There isn't much doubt that Vegas will be able to continue its strong play into the post-season. The Aces have 6 players in the top 20 of scoring, doubling that of their opponent, and the Rush are a team that gives up a lot of shots. While scoring is their strength, the Aces take care of business in their own end too. Vegas surrendered the 2nd fewest goals against, only bested by the stingy Ottawa defense, and they should keep that up through the first round. In goal, I'd still give the advantage to Yukon, but Las Vegas's superiority in other areas will turn the tide in their favour. 

Series prediction: 4 - 2 Las Vegas

The Aces are just too good, no disrespect to the Rush, but these teams are in different classes right now. Vegas's depth will come out as the difference maker as they move on to the next round.

Edited by jvd

Keller is the best C? What? Lol i finished 30 point more. #1 in hits Faceoffs, GWG, goals, 2nd in plus minus, 3rd in pims. I fought lol. Kellers is 100% second best C, though i suspect when careers are done Kellers better, kendrick just builds monsters.

Im also outscoring Keller in less games in the playoffs so ya ;)

1 hour ago, Gooningitup said:

Keller is the best C? What? Lol i finished 30 point more. #1 in hits Faceoffs, GWG, goals, 2nd in plus minus, 3rd in pims. I fought lol. Kellers is 100% second best C, though i suspect when careers are done Kellers better, kendrick just builds monsters.

Sergei Komarov has a chance to be New York's next Essian Ravenwing methinks. Imagine if I took Komarov last year instead of trading away Ay Ay Ron for four firsts, and took Casey Jones this year in addition to Gudnason being the GM player

Edited by punkhippie

18 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Okay, I'll conceed to that. I'll edit the article in a bit.

But which one would you take 1st overall?

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

Like i stated hell be better in the long run because Kendricks a beast. But calling him best C when numbers favour me right now is silly

Have faith in yourself. You have every chance to have a better career than him

20 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Your team was also 100x better so there's that

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: VHLM Series Prediction!