Claimed: Louth: "Gudnason brings hunger" [1/2]

Gudnason

Many were shocked when Birkir Holm Gudnason II signed with the VHLM's Ottawa Lynx for the upcoming season. It was expected that his personal ties to Las Vegas Aces' general manager Colton Rayne and his love for the Vegas lifestyle of luxury, gambling, and nightlife would be the perfect fit. But it turns out that Gudnason II is a man who is dead set on becoming a professional hockey player after discovering he has a wicked slapshot.

"I'm not here to get paid and have a good time, I'm here to work hard, compete, and improve," said Gudnason II. "Signing with Ottawa gives me the best potential to succeed, as they're a successful franchise with good management that will support my goals. I look forward to meeting my teammates and working together to achieve our goal of becoming champions. I will not let the fans of Ottawa suffer another heartbreak." This heartbreak Gudnason II speaks of is Ottawa losing to Las Vegas in the championship finals last season, a team his cousin Birkir Holm Gudnason was on. It was in fact his cousin that scored the Cup-clinching goal for the Aces, and Gudnason II will be hoping that he too can write his name in the history books sooner rather than later.

Keaton Louth, general manager of the Ottawa Lynx, gave the following answer when asked why he offered Gudnason II a league-maximum $2 million contract: "Gudnason [II] brings hunger. He's a competitive guy that is clear on his goal of becoming a professional hockey player. We know he's raw, but you can't teach passion and hunger. We look forward to working with him to achieve our team goals and his personal goals together."

Gudnason II is expected to start the season on Ottawa's second pairing, but could potentially at times be playing on the top pairing depending on line chemistry and other factors that will be decided by the coaches. On the depth chart, he will be behind veteran minor-league Ho Lee Fook, and competing with Adam Warlock for second. His fellow rookie is also a scoring machine, but he is much more well known and has a better reputation from his junior days. It also doesn't help that he is backed by a strong agency that is known for producing All-Star and Hall-of-Fame level talent.

Gudnason II is not fazed in the slightest at being compared with his cousin Gudnason, or with his elite teammate Ho Lee Fook. "I am myself, and I will not be looking to replace or emulate anybody. I have full confidence that in the right time, people will start talking about me in a different light and start comparing others to me. As I said earlier, I'm here to compete, and will do everything in my power to develop in this wonderful environment. I would like to thank Mr. Louth for once again trusting in my potential, abilities, and character," said Gudnason II.

We're in for a hell of a storyline this season.

24 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Jokes aside good luck this year except against Sask ;)

You too, probably going to be the friendliest year ever in the VHLM with this relatively weak class combined with the GM composition lol

• TheLastOlympian07 changed the title to Claimed: Louth: "Gudnason brings hunger" [1/2]