Free Agent hires former player to train

diamond_ace

Vaclav Hrdina, VHL and VHLM free agent center, has been out of the league for some time. His father, former NHLer Jan Hrdina, has allowed Vaclav to live in his guest house rent-free for a few months, expecting that at some point, he'd get the motivation to start playing hockey again. Vaclav slowly settled into a life of no real responsibilities, living off his first VHLM deal and his father's leftover NHL money, but it has finally gotten bad enough that Jan left him with an ultimatum: either get working on getting back into the sport or find a day job. An agreement has been reached, and Jan was more than willing to pay for private classes with former VHLer Clark Marcellin, in order to get Vaclav's career back on its feet. Marcellin, famously, was one of the best players to have ever competed under the diamond_ace agency (it's arguable whether Marcellin was better or goalie Martin Brookside, but surely both outclassed defenseman Lars Intranquilo). The diamond_ace agency, formerly one of some renown within the VHL, has fallen off the map entirely in seasons past. To be honest, it's somewhat of a surprise that Hrdina has kept his agent if he intends a return, but he has, and hopefully some shine can return to the dusty old trophy room.

1 minute ago, Gudnason said:

Holy shit @diamond_ace long time no see I have vague memories of you being a bad ass and one big bad motherfucker to deal with

I had 3 players who were in the 900s in TPE from S20 through somewhere in the mid-40s (defensive d Lars Intranquilo, center Clark Marcellin, and goalie Martin Brookside). Created Kerkko Hyvarinen as my fourth guy, had kind of already felt my interest dying a bit at that point so I made my favorite type of guy (defensive d) to try to spark the interest again, he ended in the mid 400s, and then I made Hrdina on a whim a few seasons ago (center, ideally would like to go kind of two way with him) and barely added anything other than recreate points. If I can recreate the spark, I can be good, but that's an awfully big if. At this point I'll be happy if I keep interest enough to make Hrdina a decent VHLM career, then we'll see where we go from there.

10 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I had 3 players who were in the 900s in TPE from S20 through somewhere in the mid-40s (defensive d Lars Intranquilo, center Clark Marcellin, and goalie Martin Brookside). Created Kerkko Hyvarinen as my fourth guy, had kind of already felt my interest dying a bit at that point so I made my favorite type of guy (defensive d) to try to spark the interest again, he ended in the mid 400s, and then I made Hrdina on a whim a few seasons ago (center, ideally would like to go kind of two way with him) and barely added anything other than recreate points. If I can recreate the spark, I can be good, but that's an awfully big if. At this point I'll be happy if I keep interest enough to make Hrdina a decent VHLM career, then we'll see where we go from there.

Might want to make a new character then.

3 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Might want to make a new character then.

Or might not. I specifically don't want to make one until I know whether I'm sticking. I refuse to become scotty. If I know I'm sticking, I'll make one eventually