Ivan Morozov Declares for S58 Draft

solas

Russian winger Ivan Morozov has become the most recent addition to the Solas Agency and the Season 58 Draft.  After being one of the KHL’s hottest prospects, Morozov had to leave the country at the age of 19 and seemingly left the game of hockey for a while.  Now 24 years old, the 5’9” winger has been living in America for the last two years and has been training in preparation for a VHL career for the last year.

The news of Morozov’s arrival to the VHL system came earlier today at a press conference in New York, where the Russian-born forward has been living.  “I look forward to getting back to a high level of competition,” he said through a translator.  “I have previously had trouble playing hockey again in the last five years, but I have been working to get back to my previous level and I am confident in my abilities.”

Retired VHL forward Willem Janssen, who helped to advise Morozov for his return to hockey, was also there at the press conference.  “I’ve been watching Ivan practice for the last year or so now,” he said.  “He's got an incredible amount of natural talent, but more importantly he’s one of the hardest working guys I’ve ever seen.  To get to where he is with the amount of setbacks he’s faced in his life is incredible.  I have no doubt he’ll be a success in the VHL.”

Edited by solas