Matt Thompson Press Conference

Beketov

• Commissioner
On 7/9/2018 at 9:41 AM, Quik said:

@Beketov

1. What are your thoughts on your fellow rookies, more than half-way through the season?
  2. Do you think Seattle can be the next Davos?
  3. Would you rather have 1 Chara sized Patty Kane, or 5 Kane sized Zdeno Charas?

1. Obviously the dynamic duo in Eiga is playing amazingly. Honestly I’d say most of the top rookies are performing exceptionally well. Obviously I would love to be topping them instead of Cast but I think everyone is performing quite well. I imagine I’ll probably finish the season where I am now: third in rookie scoring but leading them all (and all forwards for that matter) in shots blocked.

2. Yes and no. Obviously the last two seasons Davos skyrocketed themselves up the standings so in that way I would love for us to be like them. However, on the other hand, Davos’ rebuild was quite a long one. So I think we could be in the sense of we may be able to burst out of a rebuild straight into being a strong team but hopefully it doesn’t take us as long.

3. I’ll take 1 Chara Sized Kane. Having 5 defenceman with no bull behind them doesn’t seem like it would be as useful as having 2 insane power forward that can move the puck like a small guy but shake off hits like it’s nothing.

1. Thoughts on the season?

2. What moves do you feel the Bears need to make to contend?

3. Thoughts on the VHLM expansion? What city do you hope gets a team?

4. What are you focusing on to train next?

5. What are your expectations to cap off the year?

@Beketov

+1 Smirnov

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
On 7/19/2018 at 3:24 PM, Banackock said:

Thoughts on the season?

It could have gone better but it also could have gone worse. Obviously I did start very hot but I wish I could have finished off stronger. We got shutout a lot in our last 15-20 games and I also went on a massive cold streak so I’m disappointed with how the season ended. However I finished with over 30 goals in my rookie season and I believe led all forwards in Shots Blocked so personally I can’t complain too much.

What moves do you feel the Bears need to make to contend?

I don’t know if we necessarily need to make any moves so to speak right now, I think we just need to be smart with our assets and keep getting as many of them as we can. Obviously picking up a veteran player or something right now would be a complete waste but we’ve got a top 2 pick in the upcoming draft so that could definitely turn into a very strong player for the future of the league. I think youth is going to be key for us so if we stay young and keep drafting well I think we’ll slowly become a very nice looking destination to potential free agents which can make a huge difference.

What are you focusing on to train next?

Right now I’m focussing on improving my puck handling. Overall my build has been coming along very nicely and I feel like I have a good mix of shooting, skating, and defensive play. Puck Handling is decent but it could definitely be better so that’s what I’m focussing on right now.

• 3 months later...

1. Talk a bit about the Bears previous off-season. What are you thoughts?

2. What are your thoughts on Thompson's season?

3. What are some line ideas you may have to find an even better spark?

4. Predict the final regular season standings? (1st to last).

5. Who wins the cup? Who is in the finals? 

@Beketov

• 3 weeks later...

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Beketov use em for cod-cast if you won't answer them