Fabio going after Ron! [1/2]

jRuutu

dr163k.jpg

Helsinki Titans defender, Ay Ay Ron is currently leading the league in scoring if we are looking at the statistics purely between defenders, he has 67 points in 49 games. As you maybe guessed, Fabio Jokinen from Toronto is right there behind him, but they do have bit of a gap between each other - Fabio has 58 points. With a quick look that is not too much when you think about how many games both teams have left, but when taking into consideration what kind of season Ron has been having so far and what kind of season the players in front of him are having, that nine point difference starts to get bigger and bigger.

Cornerstone for example is still on kill mode, leading the league in goals scored and points - 46 goals and 97 points in 49 games, those are insane numbers! Schmeckeldorf, another Helsinki player is second in points with 83 and he also leads the league in assists, so Ron is in pretty nice place at the moment.

Fabio is not in a bad situation by any means, Boeser is second in goals and third in points - 36 goals and 78 points. Leblanc following with 71 points, which is fourth in the whole league. Jokinen also has the luxury of being able to play with another talented defender in Pablo, he is third in the defenders scoring with 51 points. Ron is currently playing with Conrad Jenkins who is not a bad player, but still has some way to go before reaching same level as for example Pablo is on currently, Jenkins has 16 points in 49 games.

After last nights game between Toronto and Davos, I asked from Fabio himself about the defenders scoring race and what it means to him, this is what he had to say:

hqdefault.jpg

Obviously it´s feels great to be so high in the scoring standings, shows we have been playing on high level as a team and I have been able to be part of that process by using my strengths on the offensive end. Big thanks of that goes to the guys in Toronto and especially to Pablo, the very first shift we played together in the practice after I joined Toronto last off-season showed that we will have a solid season. Pablo reads the game so well, If I go up - he will stay back and cover for me and I have tried to do the same when he goes up. I think that has been the biggest reason on why we both have over point per game at the moment - we work together and compliment each other as players.

What comes down to Ron and him being the number one defender in scoring,  I´m coming after you and I got the support from everybody in Toronto behind me, I will keep going hard from start to end, every game - until the end of regular season. I will go as far as sacrificing teams chance to win the game if it means I get one extra point. Don´t tell that to coaching staff though.