Samuel Gate press conference

scoop

40 minutes ago, Tagger said:

1. As of the time of these questions, the Meute and the Americans are tied on 35 points, do you see this more as the Meute overacheiving or the Americans underperforming?

2. I don't know if you've heard but Madden 19 is making it's way to PC for the first time since 08, would the use of that interest you in returning to football sims (or maybe just doing more if you're in EFL) in which we obviously have a background in?

3. I remember something being said about how there's a Megaman game being re-released but they're changing the names of the enemies that were homages to Guns 'n' Roses to something else. I've never played Megaman, but I presume those Guns 'n' Roses names sounded pretty dumb, were they pretty dumb?

1. I think it's more the Americans underperforming. They've scored fewer goals than Quebec and Riga, which should not be expected. At times, we've actually been ahead of them in the standings, but going forward I do think that they will pull ahead and put some distance between us. Their record should improve against teams like Toronto, Seattle, and Riga, all of whom they have no business losing to. I expected Quebec to drop some games to those teams, but the Americans should be better than that, and moving forward, even though we've seen them lose some of those games, I will always expect them not to drop any of them.

2. Not really, no. I am in the EFL, and one football league is certainly enough for me. There are actually issues with the sim engine that they use, potentially to the point of driving me away from the league, but I think using a simulator rather than a game meant to be played makes more sense. I don't know that a Madden league could survive with live play-by-play sims of the past. I don't know if Madden has the options of making custom leagues, but that would be necessary. It doesn't make sense to do things the way we used to when we don't have to.

3. Yeah, they are releasing a Mega Man X Legacy Collection (they've already released a collection for the classic series earlier this year), which includes X5 of course. I thought some of the names were pretty bad, and I definitely prefer the new names. Honestly though, they weren't all bad, and some of the later X series games had some pretty whack names as well. I think the most notable of the Guns 'n' Roses names was Duff McWhalen, which is goofy sure, but not the worst. Although they don't follow the X series conventional naming pattern of (Modifier) (Animal), names like Dark Dizzy, Izzy Glow, an Grizzly Slash are not all that bad. (The Skiver, on the other hand...)

• 2 weeks later...

1) Do you see yourself being the franchise defenseman that Quebec can build a dynasty around? 

2) Thoughts on your rookie season thus far in terms of production? 

3) Who from your draft class do you think will have the most successful career other than yourself of course?

4) You asked me about fantasy so I'm curious on your take. Do you think there should be changes to the VHFL formula?

5) If you could be on any other team in the league, which would it be and why?

18 hours ago, Velevra said:

1) Do you see yourself being the franchise defenseman that Quebec can build a dynasty around? 

2) Thoughts on your rookie season thus far in terms of production? 

3) Who from your draft class do you think will have the most successful career other than yourself of course?

4) You asked me about fantasy so I'm curious on your take. Do you think there should be changes to the VHFL formula?

1. Yeah, I can see myself in that position. While I don't really like the idea of building a dynasty around a defenseman, throw in a couple star forwards and I can certainly support them. So don't you dare leave me.

2. I'm pleased so far. I was expecting a max of 60 points, and I'm on pace for about 55 right now, so that's good. I'm getting a good amount of hits as well. This slump we've been on hasn't been great for my numbers, but prior to it I was having a good surge. I just bumped my passing and scoring up a bit (75 and 65, respectively) so maybe that can help our offense get back on track.

3. It'd be easy to pick one of the guys who is already doing great, like Podrick Cast or Edwin Preencarnacion, so I will. By now, I'm convinced that Victor's return is real, so I have to go with Cast. Looking at the players he has made in the past, he would seem to be a pretty safe bet. There are a lot of very talented players from my class, though, so the competition will be fierce.

I'll get to the other questions next week.

• Admin

1. I like your way of making a post so that you don't get lost in which answers you have and haven't used - did you think of it yourself?

2. It looks like you came back just before me - when did you leave?

3. What brought you back?

4. Favourite VHL team?

5. Favourite VHL memory?

On 7/10/2018 at 10:27 PM, Velevra said:

4) As much as I like being successful season after season, I do think some changes could be made. I don't think it's absolutely necessary, because the formula is the same for everyone, but I do think it is a little silly seeing certain defensemen so high on the list simply because they are on bad teams. Using different scoring formulas for forwards and defensemen is one possibility. Another might be factoring in plus-minus rating in some way.

5) I don't know that I'd necessarily be a great fit on their current roster, but I'd say Davos. They are one of my favorite franchises, and playing with a superstar forward like Gabriel McAllister would be awesome. They need more forward help than defense, though, but Bassolino and The Charm are solid players moving forward.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:36 PM, Victor said:

1. I like your way of making a post so that you don't get lost in which answers you have and haven't used - did you think of it yourself?

2. It looks like you came back just before me - when did you leave?

3. What brought you back?

4. Favourite VHL team?

5. Favourite VHL memory?

1. I don't know exactly what you're referring to. The post I made was more so for the ease of updating, having my 2 TPE for the press conference be in the same link. It wasn't really to keep track of which answers I have or haven't used (when you say this, I assume you're referring to which answers I haven't updated). I don't answer questions in advance, I just wait until the following week to answer them, so that's how I keep track of it.

2. I was here during Maxwell's final career, which was in S57. I was still updating mist4ke a bit, but since Maxwell was really sucking, it was super discouraging and I didn't really want to be around to see the season to the end. Looking back to a PM I sent to Banackock, I told him I was pretty much done with mist4ke on October 20th last year. That was actually still pretty early into the season, just under a quarter of the way through S57. I did come back prior to actually making Gate, though. I had been waiting at least a few weeks for the S59 trade deadline before creating. It may have even been as early as the beginning of S59, can't remember for sure.

3. I don't really know, exactly. Boredom, I guess? Late into Maxwell's career, I did have the idea of making a defenseman named Samuel Gate, but I was still leaning towards not re-creating at that time. I suppose already having a player in mind makes staying away a bit more difficult.

4. Is this even a question? I do like Davos a lot, but it's definitely New York. I can't imagine that'll change. Those two are definitely far above the rest for me.

That's all the time I have for this week, so I'll save your other question for the future.