GM 271: Wranglers vs. Legion

VHL Games

49 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Oh shet legion for regular season champs

4 games left with 5 points up on NY. Both teams are 8-2-0 in their last 10, with Legion winning 7 and NY winning 5 in a row.

It'll take a bit of a collapse by the Legion to lose that trophy.

47 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

4 games left with 5 points up on NY. Both teams are 8-2-0 in their last 10, with Legion winning 7 and NY winning 5 in a row.

It'll take a bit of a collapse by the Legion to lose that trophy.

In terms of some members, you're GMoTY too dad. Also, you're the best team even if you guys fuck up the playoffs. 

#regularseasonistheonlyseason

7 minutes ago, Banackock said:

In terms of some members, you're GMoTY too dad. Also, you're the best team even if you guys fuck up the playoffs. 

#regularseasonistheonlyseason

It just sucks that the rest of my team is too old. Boeser is in his prime, multiple 100 point seasons.....but I have to retire him soon to start my next team.

For GMs out there, Boeser will be OTB for next season. I'm retiring him when the season starts rather than at this last deadline to give him 1 more year on another team.

6 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

It just sucks that the rest of my team is too old. Boeser is in his prime, multiple 100 point seasons.....but I have to retire him soon to start my next team.

For GMs out there, Boeser will be OTB for next season. I'm retiring him when the season starts rather than at this last deadline to give him 1 more year on another team.

Preaching to the choir, buddy. Look at SEA. "The update scale won't change anything".. just turn Gretzky into a totally different player which easily derailed this team as that's a huge hit. A player doesn't change or regress that drastically offensively so quickly. 

SEA isn't sure what we'll do. Either all is on the block or we're buyers. Don't low ball us. Talent is good and strong. Don't pay fair value, suck my ass. Boeser easily a 1st and some - don't let anyone squeak you DAD. 

24 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Preaching to the choir, buddy. Look at SEA. "The update scale won't change anything".. just turn Gretzky into a totally different player which easily derailed this team as that's a huge hit. A player doesn't change or regress that drastically offensively so quickly. 

SEA isn't sure what we'll do. Either all is on the block or we're buyers. Don't low ball us. Talent is good and strong. Don't pay fair value, suck my ass. Boeser easily a 1st and some - don't let anyone squeak you DAD. 

I was debating on switching Boeser to D to replace Jokinen next season, then gunning for it in one more final push. But it just came down to the fact that I don't want to force anyone to come along with me on that journey. Everyone was more or less on board, but only because I wanted to try. I mean, with BOeser on D and Jokinen gone we'd have to try and sign one more guy in FA probably, but we weren't going to be for sure contenders. It just made more sense to let everyone do as they want with their players after this season. So this season is the do or die.

Ironside will be FA. I'm not going to re-sign him right now just to try and get leverage and trade him for assets. I feel like GMs would know that I was doing that, so I'll just be letting him go to FA.

Boeser will be getting traded. You're right, I'm not letting him go for anything less than a 1st + more. If nobody wants to give that for an almost 1000 TPE player who's been in the top 10 for multiple seasons, then so be it. He'll be rotting on the Legion for his final season. :P

5 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I was debating on switching Boeser to D to replace Jokinen next season, then gunning for it in one more final push. But it just came down to the fact that I don't want to force anyone to come along with me on that journey. Everyone was more or less on board, but only because I wanted to try. I mean, with BOeser on D and Jokinen gone we'd have to try and sign one more guy in FA probably, but we weren't going to be for sure contenders. It just made more sense to let everyone do as they want with their players after this season. So this season is the do or die.

Ironside will be FA. I'm not going to re-sign him right now just to try and get leverage and trade him for assets. I feel like GMs would know that I was doing that, so I'll just be letting him go to FA.

Boeser will be getting traded. You're right, I'm not letting him go for anything less than a 1st + more. If nobody wants to give that for an almost 1000 TPE player who's been in the top 10 for multiple seasons, then so be it. He'll be rotting on the Legion for his final season. :P

Shitty perks of being a GM :D