Claimed: Rush after 50 [1/2]

Arthur

When the buzzer finally echoed in the rink, I immediately skated toward the tunnel to the locker room. I never liked to stay on the ice when we were playing away, especially after a win. The fans in the stands were in majority rooting for their team, so seeing them lose usually emptied the rink fast or we were under booing. Tonight, in Saskatoon was one of the later one. Well, there was not a lot of fans left, about a few thousands, but it was still enough. The ones that remained after the first few minutes of the third period were the die-hard partisans of the Wild and they were not pleased by the 5-1 defeat displayed on the scoreboard.

Fortunately for me, I was not stopped in the tunnel by the journalists for a post-game interview. Maybe they would come knocking at the locker room door a bit later in the evening, but I was happy to be removing as soon as possible my gear. On my way to my stall, I receive a couple of pats on the shoulders by teammates or staff members, everyone was happy after the win. Today was a meaningful one for many of those players.

As soon as everyone was in the room, the coach tried to get the teams attention. It took a couple of minutes, but the players finally calmed down to listen to him.

- Great job on the ice tonight boys, this is win 50 in the season! I have another good news for you. We clinched the Prime Ministers Cup! The Aces cant catch up anymore.

With this announcement, the coach lost control of the room. The guys loudly cheered and started to mess with each other. I faintly hear the coach say that hell let the medias in the room in a few minutes through all the noise. I sighted. I knew they would probably want to talk to me and I was not really looking forward to it. I wasnt a media guy. I prefer to do my stretch in peace and then go back the hotel, but tonight, it might not be possible.

About 15 minutes later, the door opened on the reporters. Most of them went to guys like Tribuncovs, Dragomir or Roux. All of the performed greatly in the game and were, in the same order, the three stars of the game. As always, however, there is always the few lunatics who prefer to talk to the netminders.

- Hey Tristan, Im with the VHML Insider. I wanted to have your thoughts about your performance tonight. 50 wins as a rookie is quite impressive.

- My performance tonight was good, but I know I could have played better. I let in one goal in the first, but I was able to get back on my skates for the remaining of the game. I couldnt have done it without the team however who performed great in front of me and helped me with their defensive plays. They did it all season long, if i'm honest

511 words

• 2 months later...