Wait, McAllister Can Pass?

image.jpeg.113b81ff9309591d8dd115adf9663042.jpeg

Seattle -- Ever since his days on the Saskatoon Wild in the VHLM, Gabriel McAllister was known as a shoot-first forward. Goals were always his specialty, and since he could find the back of the net fairly often, nobody ever really argued. There was no need to be anything else... until this season. Throughout the S59 regular season, McAllister simply couldn't find his shot. He finished outside the top ten in goals scored for the first time since his rookie year, and going into the playoffs, he knew something had to change.

And change they have. While McAllister still has a high number of shots, he's developed as a playmaker throughout these playoffs, registering a league-leading 12 assists in 9 games during this run. Couple that with his 18 total points, tied with teammate Shawn Gretzky for most in the playoffs, and it seems like the Seattle first line has finally hit on something that has worked.

The result is a return to the Finals for the Bears - incredibly, the first team Seattle has made back-to-back Finals since Season 12. "It feels good to be a part of this run, and to know I've adjusted my game to get there," McAllister recently told reporters. "But we're not done. It's time to do what we couldn't last season. And I feel like we're going to get there."