Claimed: Back In My Day Ep 1.

Tagger

So for my last article, I looked at stuff that had changed since my leave of absence and that article got me thinking about all the changes that had been made to the league since I created my first player in the league, which was back in the latter end of Season 33. So, allow me to take you on a journey back to a time before we were even on this very site.

Just as an added note, I’m going through everything that I can think that has changed in order of when a player would notice a difference. So for example, creation stuff first, then VHLM, then VHL, etc. There will be quite a bit of stuff that will be obvious that I missed, but I’ll likely address them in a follow up article.

Back In My Day: We weren’t on this forum

Instead: We were on a different one

I can’t really give too much information on this one since I barely remember the other site. What I do know is that was the league’s second website after it’s original website, which was on invisionfree, was reaching a post limit. From what I remember of other conversations around the board, this second website was made by a dude called Nick Barr and it used SMF (or something that sounded like that), but unfortunately he left not long after making it. The reason that we are now on this website is because our old website had been taken down by a DDOS attack which was always said to have been courtesy of a member called Eldred (who had been banned not too long before the DDOS attack), but I don’t know whether that was just assumptions or something that there had been proof of.

Back In My Day: We didn’t have 30 TPE to assign immediately upon creation

Instead: We had our first three point tasks doubled and were eligible to a 10 TPE VHLM training camp

This change was made at the start of Season 46 and the reason I remember the season off by heart was that my first draft as a GM was the Season 47 draft which had players who had either started with no TPE or had started with 30. I believe this move was made to limit the number of 0 TPE players that we had while also not making the difference between someone who permanently did welfare and someone who had the time to do point tasks even greater.

Back In My Day: We didn’t have to keep our recreate TPE banked till we made the VHL

Instead: We were able to add recreate TPE immediately

This is a recent change and actually a really good one. One of the problems when you join a new league like the VHL is seeing other players who’ve been in the league longer than you have an advantage that is near impossible to overcome, so at least seeing that advantage off-set during the early goings will give more encouragement to new players while also encouraging veteran players to earn more points early on in their career if they want to earn VHLM trophies before graduating to the VHL.

I'd intended to make this first version a longer article, but I ran out of time. I've already done 300 words towards next weeks though so I'll continue with this next week. 

• Commissioner
16 hours ago, Beaviss said:

God your old

And he joined 32 seasons after me haha. You should see the kind of changes that were made in the first like 10 seasons haha

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

And he joined 32 seasons after me haha. You should see the kind of changes that were made in the first like 10 seasons haha

Hes old your an ancient being. Haha

• Commissioner
23 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Back in my day, we only had our first 3 PTs doubled and didn't get a free 10 TPE!

Back in my day we only earned 4 TPE for a PT!