Build Plans for Novacek

Advantage

With my newest player I am looking at building someone that excels as a two-way defender.  Like I built when I created Ryan Sullivan, I will be going for a two-way defender that is physical and can be a true leader on any defense group in the league.  The focus will be on the following traits:

·        Skating

·        Defense

·        Passing

·        Strength

·        Checking

Novacek’s initial focus will be Skating, Defense and Passing.  Eventually, over time, I will focus on his checking ability and perhaps hit shot to go along with defense.  This is similar to my Sullivan build, except that I focused on checking a lot earlier with him.  With the new Defender award, I’m excited to potentially build a defenseman that can factor in to each award and hopefully bring in some Continental Cups.  Admittedly, that is something I don’t have a lot of and haven’t really experienced in quite some time.

I’ve always believed in focusing on offense first in order to have more explosive VHLM seasons, as sometimes it can be a little dry, and achievement tracker can be more profitable. 

Now that I am on the Saskatoon Wild, I hope to first have a decent chance at winning the Founder’s Cup and then to luck out in the VHLM Draft and land on a team with a solid foundation that is ready to win another title.