Claimed:Moving the Eagles?

sterling

Junior Eagles Set to Move

Many have long complained about the silliness of the VHL's Vasteras Iron Eagles. Not just the team existing in the VHL, but that there are two of these teams, one in the VHLM and one in the VHL. Many complain too much about the team that has gotten a bad rap from many members. The franchise won the original Continental Cup in upset fashion against the Calgary Wranglers who remain today still as the greatest regular season team in the history of the VHL. My dislike for the franchise was steeped in that single series. Over the years the team's General Manager Pensfan101 rubbed a few people the wrong way, but not enough for the franchise to garner so much hate.

DustinFunk-VAS.png

"I'll admit myself that I've probably been one of the main reasons for so many other people hating the Eagles. I've never been too kind to them because quite frankly I didn't like Pensfan. I thought he was a bad General Manager and I hated his sill Vasteras teams that he clung to for whatever reason. The fact that they beat us in the finals that first year when they had no right to that, well that set me over the edge," Sterling Labatte said.

The team even briefly moved to Madrid, Spain after Pensfan stepped down as General Manager, but it continued to struggle. After moving back to Vasteras the team started to again show some promise with Scotty, Pensfan and Tyler in the fold. The unfortunate reality is that they combined to make one of the most obnoxiously cocky groups of members the league has ever seen. Rival to my Toronto Legion at the time who had a number of quality, quiet members and there was an obvious dislike. I still decided to go to the Eagles though with James Bencharski as I felt like the team had had some really bad luck. They were supposed to be the next dynasty (from their point of view) and they only won that one Cup in S26. So with two Cups in their history and what many consider to be a cursed franchise, many people call for the team to be moved again. I don't really care about that per se, but as the General Manager as the Vasteras Junior 20 or Baby Eagles, I do want to move the team to some place different.

Coat_of_arms_of_Russia_(Alternative).png

I don't get the need to have two teams in the same town, especially with the fact that we have zero teams in the league located in Russia despite Russia being a huge hockey market. Thus I am proposing the relocation of the Vasteras Junior Eagles to St. Petersburg, Russia for the start of Season 37. I've been throwing this idea around a little bit, but it seems likely to happen. The team will remain the Eagles, they will just become red and yellow instead of black and yellow and they will play in Russia.

"At this time, I'd like to put calls out for a new logo and some newly designed jerseys as we have full intention of moving the Eagles to St. Petersburg, Russia next season. Vasteras has been a good home for the Eagles, but I think it is time to bring the VHL back to Russia. There is a tremendous hockey contingent coming into the league from the country and I hope this will only further push development from that country. Moreover, this is a franchise that really needs a face lift. In making this move, hopefully some respected individuals in the league can stop complaining about Vasteras just a little bit," Labatte said.

Content: 3/3 - This can't happen fast enough in my opinion. I do hope that you can come up with a good mascot for the team, though. The Stalingrad Siege? The Moscow Comrades? Shame the Bears are taken, that would fit a Russian team like a glove.

Grammar: 2/2 - One silly mistake:

his sill Vasteras = his silly Vasteras

Appearance: 1/1 - YA COMRADE!

Overall: 6/6 - Sochi Sentinels?