Ryuu talks about his first shifts [1/2]

Ryuu talks about first shifts

SASKATOON-Left Wing Ryuu Crimson has been with the Wild for a while now. We interviewed him about his first moments and his games so far. 

"I only have 1 assist and 1 hit so far, not impressive but it will do for now." He hasn't had anything else but he is still trying his best. His teammate, Dylan Nyugen, has 2 goals so far, and doesn't look like he is stopping anytime soon. "Dylan is a good teammate, we talked in between games and he's great on and off the ice. Probably gonna make the VHL before I even get one goal. He is a great 2 way player, and deserves some attention."

Ryuu is also getting more ice time and his satisfied so far. "Hey, I'm having more ice time, I just feel so bad my team has to basically carry me." He has had a few shots but hasn't gotten the puck in the net so far. "I really need to work on shooting, puck handling and passing, I suck at those right now."

He was asked how the atmosphere was, and he replied, "This is Canada, you really have to ask that? It's freaking crazy here. Saskatoon is like the VHLM Nashville Preds. They have these crazy chants like, 'I've seen better saves from a Walmart Coupon' and until the end of the game they refer to the goalie as a Walmart Coupon and it's hilarious. Another time I heard someone shout, 'I've seen a non-alcoholic take more shots than the Aces!' I almost died."

And when asked about the other players Ryuu simply said, "Dylan is a great guy, Harri is a great goalie, Lefty just got his first win, and I really look up to Mr. Komarov. He is a great person and I respect him a hella lot. He's not a player but just wanted to put that out there. Jordan is great and is amazing, and our team is awesome."

The Left Winger is enjoying the VHLM, and is enjoying the ride. "I never would have thought that the last Founders Cup Champions would choose me. Saskatoon is awesome and the fans are just great."

Ryuu is also well known in Saskatoon, as he played for Swift Current and collected a whopping 200 penalty minutes in the span of 10 games, the only games he played there. He has been suspended 5 times. But he says he's gonna try to change that. "Now that I'm finally here, I need to focus on playing the game and winning. I will still fight but it won't be my main focus. I'm in the VHLM now and I gotta act like it."

Ryuu sat aside and watched Harri, Dylan, and other people get interviewed, and even saw Sergei Komarov. And that is when he heard that he might retire. When asked how he felt he said, "Kind of sad to me, he is a great player and one of the most admirable players I have seen. I hope he enjoys his retirement if he does end up retiring."

We also asked him what his favourite VHL team was and he responded immediately saying, "Hands down, Calgary."

The final question was if he was enjoying the VHLM and his reply was, "In the wise words of Vyacheslav Smirmov, 'Oh f*** yeah.'".

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Ryuu talks about his first shifts [1/2]