Shout Out to the Recruitment Team

It's no secret that for the past 15-20 seasons recruitment/retainment has been below average at best. This is not the fault of a single person or group of people, but a problem that the VHL had for a variety of reasons. However, over the past two-ish seasons, the recruitment team and Blue team have done a great job with recruitment. We've probably seen more members join in these past two seasons than the previous 10. As I look through the most recent media spots and fan590/vhl.com articles, many of them have been made by members I don't recognize, and that's a good thing. Retainment is not perfect, and it's never going to be for a sim league like this, but it seems like we've improved with that as well. It remains to be seen how many of these new members become "prominent" in the league, but at the very least, it's nice to see new blood around these parts.

Well retainment has been something ive been pushing hard always messaging my new players. Trying to aid them best i can if they struggle. Saskatoons turned out some studs under my tenor. 

And beavis idea to use youtube whore helped bring em in. Every VHLM GMs done good with there new members far as i can see trying to retain them

10 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Well retainment has been something ive been pushing hard always messaging my new players. Trying to aid them best i can if they struggle. Saskatoons turned out some studs under my tenor. 

And beavis idea to use youtube whore helped bring em in. Every VHLM GMs done good with there new members far as i can see trying to retain them

I tried but even I'm slowly dying

2 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

It's no secret that for the past 15-20 seasons recruitment/retainment has been below average at best. This is not the fault of a single person or group of people, but a problem that the VHL had for a variety of reasons. However, over the past two-ish seasons, the recruitment team and Blue team have done a great job with recruitment. We've probably seen more members join in these past two seasons than the previous 10. As I look through the most recent media spots and fan590/vhl.com articles, many of them have been made by members I don't recognize, and that's a good thing. Retainment is not perfect, and it's never going to be for a sim league like this, but it seems like we've improved with that as well. It remains to be seen how many of these new members become "prominent" in the league, but at the very least, it's nice to see new blood around these parts.

We love you too.