Next Season

Banackock

Next season is going to be a challenging one for the Bears. While last season was big because it was their first draft heading into their rebuild and a couple of big names were on the board and seemingly most teams were back and forth - the Bears move into this off-season needing to add a couple pieces that are going to push them forward. Right now, they have Kovalev, Sterling and Thompson laying down the fort with CHAT somewhere but also nowhere to be seen. Where art thou little one? Shame. Shame. Shame, Cersei. Next season, the team will be once again entering the draft with a lotto pick, and likely top 2 pick (as I think you can't fall further than 2nd if you do? Idk. I'm sure you can but hey) and they'll also be adding Oslo Storms Vyacheslav Smirnov to their roster which will largely help down the middle and finish off their second line. 

Question will be, do they go defensive and take the BPA in that position who also happens to be their own GM? Or do they continue taking forwards, bolstering up their prowess on the front? My guess is they dibble and dabble in the idea of both and strictly for the purpose of activity. Also may a trade or two and maybe, if they're lucky, a couple free agent signings. While the team does seem far off, a few moves and they could be right there nipping at the door. I say next season is an off one for Seattle, but watch for them to be going on the next one after. 

+2 Smirnov

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

likely top 2 pick (as I think you can't fall further than 2nd if you do? Idk. I'm sure you can but hey) 

I haven’t check the standings in a bit but assuming we finish last then yes, we couldn’t fall past 2nd. You can only move down 1 spot.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I haven’t check the standings in a bit but assuming we finish last then yes, we couldn’t fall past 2nd. You can only move down 1 spot.

Beautiful, and then 2nd has a 75% chance of winning 2nd or is my memory from reading the post slightly confused? :P 

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Beautiful, and then 2nd has a 75% chance of winning 2nd or is my memory from reading the post slightly confused? :P 

All 4 lotto teams have the same odds for 1st overall, thus 25% chance. Since you can only move down 1 spot the last place team has that same 25% chance as everyone for 1st and then 75% chance at 2nd to round out their 100%.

another way of looking at it would be that you’d have a 25% chance at 1st overall and, failing that, a 100% chance at 2nd overall but that’s not as clean and is a dumb way of wording it.

4 hours ago, Banackock said:

(Unless you meant 1st has a 75% chance of winning 2nd...)

It'd be lower than that for sure. If 5th or 6th place wins the lottery, 7th place would get 3rd overall. There's a 50% chance of that happening, so right there that's at least 50% that 7th overall is picking 3rd. Plus, if 8th place wins the lottery, there's another draw for the 2nd overall pick. My numbers may be wrong here, but I believe this is the breakdown for 7th place

1st overall - 25%

2nd overall - 8.33%

3rd overall - 66.66%