11 years / 2 [1/2]

11 years / 2

eleven.jpg

Since we get a doubles week for this, why not use it. I’m sure Tyler would agree to make Warlock suck less for his team. Anyway, here we go.

The league is now 11 years old and we are in S60 or S61 I’m not even sure (that’s how much attention I pay nowadays). Which also means I’m here for almost half of the existence of the league. I can remember when I was new here, still looking up to everybody, because for me, the VHL was a more elite league than the SHL was.  Later on I learned that it wasn’t really the case and that elite sim leagues just do not exist, they are all equally horrible. But back then I was up for the challenge, I was on my first sim league player ever in the SHL (named after myself) and decided to give this league a shot as well. I did not want to do it half-assed so went in with a mission and ended up with my first Hall of Fame player in goaltender Remy LeBeau. Hall of Fame: check.  During my time with LeBeau I noticed scoring was way higher here compared to the SHL, so I really wanted a forward to score a few points, that forward became Thomas O’Malley. I still was committed and the career went on better as expected, even with some people saying it was the best player the VHL had ever seen. But with success also comes the downfall….

After O’Malley, I started losing interest and felt burned out of sim leagues, so it started with ups & downs that are still going on nowadays. I have active weeks and I have weeks were I fully disappear and it started to trend downwards starting with Maximoff. Despite his lower TPE numbers I was lucky enough to have him in the Hall of Fame due to some personal awards and some cups won with Riga and Quebec. But for me, Maximoff was the start of my quick way down.

After Maximoff I still had Quill and my player two: Adam Warlock. Sharing attention when you are already getting less committed wasn’t good for my activity, it actually made it worse. I already felt burned out and then I continue to burn me out more. Needless to say, neither of their careers satisfy me, even though Warlock’s record breaking VHLM season with Ottawa did bring a smile on my face.

So since I’m here >50% of the time in the league, I guess I’m really starting to be a veteran here and I don’t know how long this will last. It won’t be the first time I said ‘player x is my last player’, so I wont say that about Warlock either. Somehow, no matter how bored I am with these kind of leagues, there is always something drawing me back and staying around. So here’s to another year of five. Maybe, not sure, but definitely maybe.

doubles for Warlock

• 4 weeks later...