Ryuu reflects on his Rookie Season

SlapshotWrangler

Saskatoon-The season has ended and so does Ryuu Crimson's rookie year. Ryuu Crimson finished the season with 10 Goals. Drafted late into the season, Ryuu Crimson wasn't much of a goal scorer, but with hard work, dedication, and with help from veteran players, he was able to turn into a goal scorer.

"Heck, I was surprised I got 1 Goal. I usually rack up penalties but I only managed to get a few penalty minutes. For me, this is a step in the right direction." Crimson said about getting 8 goals. Ryuu Crimson is now 13th in the VHL Draft and he is hoping to get drafted by the Reign or the Wranglers. "The Reign because some dude predicted it and now I kinda hope I'm with Riga. The Wranglers because Calgary was my home and I would be proud to play for my city."

He still remembers the first goal vividly. "Season 61, Game 81, against the Las Vegas Aces. I got the goal and I still have the puck. This is the first step I need to take to become a VHL Player."

Despite losing in the first round, Ryuu has enjoyed this season and hopes that, if he stays in the minors, that he stays with the Wild.