Clearing the air on the "lines controversy" in Oslo-Ottawa

diamond_ace

So I'd like to clarify what happened with the lines in the Oslo-Ottawa series, since I'm the only one who would really know. I'd been having trouble getting the client file to load at all (as evidenced by the screenshot in the S61 Index, where it just loaded a bunch of wingdings). Finally I'd managed to get it to load, and put it into the client, and did the lines. The problem then was that the "copy to all days" button was grayed out and unable to be selected (anyone who has been a GM in this league knows what this button does and how it works - basically it's the button that saves the lines beyond the upcoming game). When I emailed the new lines to vhlsim, I mentioned this in the email, and noted that it may not carry over (and also, that I wanted to play the backup in the third game, the importance of which will appear in a minute). The lines did not carry over, not surprised really, as that's how STHS works. The backup was correctly put into the third game, so I know the rest of the message was received. However, it's not entirely reasonable to expect the lines to be put in manually to copy what I'd put in for game 1, so it's just a weird situation where no one is really at fault except perhaps STHS itself.

Ultimately, the only thing I'm bothered about is that it sucks for my guys to lose a series where they won game 1 with proper lines. I still think we ultimately would have lost, but it would have given my guys an exciting and close series to be a part of, and potentially to push through to the finals if we'd managed to spring the upset. Plus Fong's guy barely got to play, although if that was going to happen to someone, it's better that it was an established member than a guy where those were his first games in the league. Generally it's fine though, just STHS being STHS.

33 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Wouldn’t have won but yeah. I mean.. we beat Yukon... 

Probably true, but in games that had the proper lines, that series was 1-1. You guys probably would have taken it still but it would have a much better shot at going 7, and a decent shot (20% or so) of us coming out of it.

16 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Probably true, but in games that had the proper lines, that series was 1-1. You guys probably would have taken it still but it would have a much better shot at going 7, and a decent shot (20% or so) of us coming out of it.

You let @Laflamme win. Thank you, Robinhood. 

7 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

@diamond_ace did u make sure to copy roster to all days? Lol only way i have ever had that issue

7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

The problem then was that the "copy to all days" button was grayed out and unable to be selected