Tukio prepares for final games in Helsinki

Higgins

Tukio will play final games with Helsinki

Tukio has played his final regular season game with the Helsinki Titans. Tuomas Tukio, who only just turned 25 years old, is almost ready to leave the Helsinki Titans. "One last shot to have great memory is all I focus on now in Helsinki" said Tukio talking about his last shot at a Continental Cup in the playoffs this season before he leaves Helsinki. Tukio joined the Helsinki Titans at the age of 19 after a season in the VHLM and played 6 straight seasons with the club.

superbowl-rings.jpg

Tuomas Tukio is a quad gold club member winning a Founder's Cup, Continental Cup, World Cup and Super Cup. Still one finger open...

This season Tukio took over as the franchise leader in wins. "Helsinki has been a great home for six years, but my contract is up and I want to honor other commitments". Tukio was drafted in the sixth round by the Nashville Predators and will likely be joining their AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals, after the VHL playoffs. Tukio's contract is up with Helsinki and his contract with the Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Higgins player agency has also ended so Tukio will no longer have any affiliation with the Helsinki Titans general manager.