2019 NHL Draft Hype

bagelbitesisbae

The 2018 NHL draft has recently passed. A lot of teams got great players like the Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, and the New York Islanders just to name a few. The 2018 NHL draft was a great draft, but the 2019 NHL draft is supposed to be having next-generation talents. 

Your first question is probably, "who are some future NHL players we should be looking at that will most likely be attending the 2019 NHL draft?" I've got the answer to that question! 

1. Kaapo Kakko - Kakko is an elite Finnish RW currently playing for Liiga which is the top professional ice hockey league in Finland. He has really good skating and can step around his opponents with ease. One of the notable qualities of Kakko is his ability to crash the net and make a good play. I project Kakko will go 1st or 2nd overall. 

2. Jack Hughes - The hype for Jack Hughes has just begun. Jack Hughes is a center and currently plays for USNDTP. Hughes is more of a passer than a sniper, but he does everything well. He can make a flashy play without jeopardizing the puck. Hughes is also a gritty player who will stay on the puck if he loses it to his opponent. If Hughes sees opportunity to make a smart play, he will make that play. I project Hughes will most likely go 1st overall. I don't see Hughes dropping below 2nd overall. 

3. Kirby Dach - Dach is a big, elite playmaker. He makes jaw dropping plays that not a lot of guys can do. You shouldn't see him scoring a bunch of goals, but you should see him making smart plays for his teammates to feed off of. One of the more notables players he has gotten compared to is Ryan Getzlaf. I see Dach going in the top 5, if not 3rd overall. 

This draft is for sure going to be exciting to watch next year!

2 hours ago, bagelbitesisbae said:

The 2018 NHL draft has recently passed. A lot of teams got great players like the Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, and the New York Islanders just to name a few. The 2018 NHL draft was a great draft, but the 2019 NHL draft is supposed to be having next-generation talents. 

Your first question is probably, "who are some future NHL players we should be looking at that will most likely be attending the 2019 NHL draft?" I've got the answer to that question! 

1. Kaapo Kakko - Kakko is an elite Finnish RW currently playing for Liiga which is the top professional ice hockey league in Finland. He has really good skating and can step around his opponents with ease. One of the notable qualities of Kakko is his ability to crash the net and make a good play. I project Kakko will go 1st or 2nd overall. 

2. Jack Hughes - The hype for Jack Hughes has just begun. Jack Hughes is a center and currently plays for USNDTP. Hughes is more of a passer than a sniper, but he does everything well. He can make a flashy play without jeopardizing the puck. Hughes is also a gritty player who will stay on the puck if he loses it to his opponent. If Hughes sees opportunity to make a smart play, he will make that play. I project Hughes will most likely go 1st overall. I don't see Hughes dropping below 2nd overall. 

3. Kirby Dach - Dach is a big, elite playmaker. He makes jaw dropping plays that not a lot of guys can do. You shouldn't see him scoring a bunch of goals, but you should see him making smart plays for his teammates to feed off of. One of the more notables players he has gotten compared to is Ryan Getzlaf. I see Dach going in the top 5, if not 3rd overall. 

This draft is for sure going to be exciting to watch next year!

Really hope the nucks can get Hughes it would be amazing to see brothers back on the nucks.