Rookie Spotlight - Elias Pettersson

bagelbitesisbae

(NHL-related analysis takes quite a lot of time. Likes are highly appreciated and show me that you’re enjoying my content. You can like my content at the bottom! If you want specific content, comment down below and I’ll try to write something for you. Thank you!)

(This piece of content was requested by @Beaviss

Elias Pettersson was drafted 5th overall by the Vancouver Canucks in the 2017 NHL Draft. He is a Swedish professional ice hockey player who is hyped to be an amazing player in the NHL. He is a two-way forward who is very smart with the puck. His puck skills are phenomenal. He can accelerate very fast. Pettersson can be compared to Nathan MacKinnon. They are both fast and flashy. 

Pettersson doesn’t have a huge physical presence as he hasn’t quite filled his body. He is 6’2, but doesn’t have a ton of muscle mass. If he can work on building more muscle, he can be a player other players are afraid of. We should expect him to either be on the first line or second line depending on how well he does at training camp and in the preseason games. If he shows that he is NHL-ready, he could possibly get the opportunity to play with Brock Boeser who really showed up last season. 

(Comment down below other prospects you want to see me talk about!)