Twenty One More To Go [1/2]

Exlaxchronicles

Twenty One To Go

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With only twenty one games left in the season for all the clubs it's time to take another look at each team and how they're doing thus far.

Calgary Wranglers

We'll start with the much hated ( well I do anyways ) Wranglers.

Two thirds of the way into the season Calgary has pretty much pulled away from the rest of the pack. Some could say that the club has been a team of over achievers, as I'd like to think so or maybe its a fact that they're definitely as solid as they have been this season.

Now I don't if their success this year is due to how well the team has been managed, chemistry between the players or how the sim algorithm plays out game to game but whatever the hell it is, it's definitely working for them.

What's really helping Calgary is that the first line is firing on all cylinders with Canmore leading the way. He already has 70 helpers, feeding former D-man turned winger Louth who has potted 50 goals and has blossomed since the position change. And then you have LW Arroyo complimenting these two with his two way play scoring 31 times and adding 44 helpers to go along. 

The second line up is no slouch either with Vihjalmsson centering Lawson on the left side and a hot Bogdanovic on RW. All three are at a point per game pace with Bogdanovic being the key point getter with 36 goals and 38 assists.

The blue line has three solid defence men in Mats Johnson, Pete Quill and Jesper Stromberg. All three players are very sound defensively and each contributes with offence as well. Johnson is having an outstanding season this year with 14 goals and 81 points.

Between the pipes Norris Stopko is a candidate for top goalie this year. He has  a very solid 0.921 sv% with a 2.03 gavg. 

This club seems to have everything going for it at this point in time and at this rate, they should finish first over all in the standings. But come playoff time, its pretty much a whole new season. And we know what happened to them in the last years playoffs, so someone like me is hoping for a repeat of last years events.

Quebec Meute

My former team, this club sits 2nd in the league, and I believe their future is bright.

Quebec is lead by a pair of top line defence men in Colton Rayne and Casey Jones. Both players are outstanding on both ends of the ice. They both have a similar style of play and complement each other well. Offensively, they've contributed almost the same number with 19, 22 goals and 77 and 73 points respectively. A very solid one two punch from the blue line.

Keep your eye on Samuel Gate as well. He's an up and coming defence man who's future looms large. And complimenting him is tough defensive Lebrunette, whom is solid as can be behind the blue line.

The Meute's offense is balanced with Dragomir, Komarov and Slipher on the first line. Jeff Gow, Rauno Paulo and Beau Louth round out the 2nd line.

As lines go, there really isn't any one forward player standing out against the rest except for LW Dragomir. His offensive production is very steady with a solid 36 goals and 71 points.

Lastly, Tristan Iseault looks to be Quebec's number one starter for the future as he has the talent to take him to greater heights. If his 0.921 sv%, along with his 2.22 gavg is any indicator, look to see him in the net for the Meute on a regular basis.

Quebec is a team that will only improve in the next few seasons but at this point Calgary seems to be the team to beat these coming playoffs. But then again, its a whole new series.

Well, I'll leave it at that so look to see reviews up and coming on HC Davos and Riga in the near future.

Word count: 681. Claiming  for Sunday Sept 9

Edited by Exlaxchronicles

• 1 month later...