City of Seattle gears up for Game 7

CowboyinAmerica

Logo-SeattleTimes.gif

Just two weeks after the Seattle Seahawks grabbed their first Super Bowl in franchise history, the city is once again on the verge of shutting down for a major sporting event. This time, it’s the Seattle Bears who have captured the city’s attention, as all eyes will be glued to TV sets when the hometown squad travels to Quebec City for a crucial Game 7.

“I never really paid attention to hockey that much, because the team hasn’t been very good recently,” Mercer Island resident Jon Smiley said. “Now that these guys are taking the defending champs to a Game 7, though? Of course I’ll watch!”

Popular retailer Dick’s Sporting Goods has announced that No. 13 Sebastian Ball Jr. jerseys have seen a 257 percent spike in sales since his Game 4 victory at home, while No. 82 Karsten Olsen jerseys have seen a bump as well following his two goal Game 5 performance. For the first time since the days of the Seattle 6, the Bears telecast of Game 7 is expected to even surpass the playing of “Nirvana: Behind the Music” on Seattle televisions.

This type of hype stands in stark contrast to the relatively muted reaction coming from Quebec City. While goaltender Skylar Rift has done his part in attempting to rile up the crowds, none of his teammates have seemed very adamant about encouraging home fans to come to the arena. Perhaps this let-down was inevitable after the team’s Season 35 Cup run.

“They’re used to this. We’re not,” said Seattle resident David Davidson. “This is our time now. The Seattle dynasty begins!”

The Quebec City Meute squad is still heavily favored in the game, but Seattle’s recent hard practicing has made the gap closer than many experts would have believed. And indeed, after two multi-overtime games already in this series, anything is indeed possible.

Surprisingly epic series no doubts about it. Really made me wish I had some more teammates around to rally with, but Frank and Martucci are still solid. Ultimately though the question is will Rift show up to play his "Kanou" game or not. I'll flip a coin before the start of the game to find that one out, since I am after all two face. :P 

Surprisingly epic series no doubts about it. Really made me wish I had some more teammates around to rally with, but Frank and Martucci are still solid. Ultimately though the question is will Rift show up to play his "Kanou" game or not. I'll flip a coin before the start of the game to find that one out, since I am after all two face. :P

I personally hope Rift shows up for Game 7, we gotta give em a hell of a show with the way this series has played out. And best of luck Devise. Your gonna need it  ;)

Edited by sball66