Elephant in the room [1/2]

jRuutu

Elephant-in-the-rooom1-1.png

It´s not a secret that something is going on inside the Quebec Meute locker room. The performances on the ice lately have not been what we all have been used to so far in the season, from the last eight games Quebec has managed to win only two. Tristan Iseult has been away from the starting lineup, we suspect he has been awarded much deserved rest for playing so well this year and helping Quebec to playoffs, or at least no injuries have been reporterted, but either way the starting goalie in the final eight games of the regular season has been Que G. The rumours say that multiple players are not happy with Que G who has been  the backup option this season. He has failed to live up to the expectations and instead of being humble, he has blamed the players in front of him.

This is what rookie Rauno Palo said yesterday after the Calgary game:

Tough set of games lately, we try our best, but for some reason it´s not showing on the scoreboard. Or well it is showing on the scoreboard, but it´s we who is getting scored on. I don´t want to blame anyone, but I think I speak for everyone when I say: thank god the playoffs are starting and we get to have Tristan in net again. Que G is not a bad goalie, but he is not a good one either. Not saying it´s all on him why we lost so many lately, but some of the shots that went in were soft goals, should have saved them. On top of that, instead of trying to learn from those, he points the finger at us who try to block shots, mark the open guys etc, we do all those things in front of him, it´s him who fails to do his job. His attitude sucks, his personal hygiene sucks and his 09 Camaro is ugly, that is all I have to say about it - thanks.

It´s clear that things inside Quebec has gone so sour that players are publicly willing to comment on it. Going to be interesting to see what happens when the playoffs start and pressure to play well is even higher than during the regular season. Fans over in the interweb has suggested that Que G should be removed from the lineup and emergency backup is called in to sit on the bench instead of him, but as far as we know, there is no third option that could play anywhere near the same level as Que G, if Tristan gets hurt during the playoffs, going to suck if Quebec has to use the backup, but it´s going to suck even more if the backup is removed from the lineup and the much weaker emergency backup has to play.

At the moment one thing is for sure, if the issues involving Que G are not fixed well before, potential for things to explode completely is there and if that happens, not going to work well on the ice for Meute and the team that has surprised quite few could face an early exit from playoffs.

@jRuutu as General Manager of the Meute I had to put Que G in for some games because his agent threatened a lawsuit if I didn't. Part of his contract is that he has to play a minimum amount of games and I was trying to skirt that requirement. Fortunately Tristan has had some rest and will be fully ready and rested for the Cup run. 

4 hours ago, Beaviss said:

@jRuutu as General Manager of the Meute I had to put Que G in for some games because his agent threatened a lawsuit if I didn't. Part of his contract is that he has to play a minimum amount of games and I was trying to skirt that requirement. Fortunately Tristan has had some rest and will be fully ready and rested for the Cup run. 

Damn agents and their desire to follow contracts :#%$: