Rookie Profile: Andrew Taylor

ATaylor27_

Rookie Analysis: Andrew Taylor

Born in Seattle, Andrew Taylor grew up loving hockey. When he was two, his family moved to Virginia when his father was re-stationed with the US Navy. While living there, he grew up loving the Washington Capitals, enjoying the fact that he got to see Alexander Ovechkin in his "Rookie Debut" for the Caps. Andrew has styled his game after the likes of Alex Ovechkin, Taylor Hall, Connor McDavid, and Elias Petterson, but he is influenced the most by Taylor Hall. Putting up crazy stats in his BCJHL Rookie Year (41G, 20A, 15PIM, 62GP, +36(+/-) // 2017-2018), Andrew has been compared to Taylor Hall as they both had just put up amazing stats in the past year (Taylor Hall 2017-2018 NHL Season).

Leadership Skills

Andrew Taylor has been a leader for most of his time on the ice. He sticks up for his teammates, brings courage to the locker room, and respects anyone on his team, no matter what Race, Sexuality, Skin Colour, or Gender they might be.

What He Can Do Is Phenomenal

Andrew has done amazing things on the ice. In his 2017-2018 BCJHL (British Columbia Junior Hockey League) Season, he took home the Scoring, Points, Playoff MVP, and Regular Season MVP Awards. He looks to do a similar thing within his first few seasons in the VHL or VHLM.

He Is Willing To Go Anywhere

One big thing about Andrew is that he doesn't care where he is drafted, as long as he can play a solid amount of minutes on the ice. If he gets traded, he won't argue on it as the GM has probably made a massive deal and another team might see more potential in him. On top of that, he is willing to go out and do charity events every week.

Weaknesses

Andrew Taylor is a man of few weaknesses, such as his Fighting Skill, Shot Blocking, Stick Checking. He hopes to improve in those areas when he gets the chance. Once he plays on VHL ice for the first time, he will learn about some other weaknesses that he may have.

A Little Bit More About Andrew Taylor

Position: Center

Handedness: Right

Preferred Jersey Number: 73

BCJHL Team: Langley Riverman

Favourite Movie: Spiderman 2

Favourite Past-time activity: NHL 18 on the Xbox One

Favourite NHL Team: St Louis Blues (He mainly started liking them because of their jerseys)

Hometown: Seattle, Washington, USA

Currently Residing In: Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Projected Stats for Season 64

Goals: 20+

Assists: 7+

Penalties In Minutes: 20-

+/- Rating: +15

Games Played: All

Past Interviews From and About Andrew Taylor

"I am very excited to start my journey with VHL this season. I've been waiting for this moment for my entire career. I'm just hoping that I will be picked up by the Seattle Bears, because they represent my hometown well. In the end, I don't care what team drafts me, as long as I can get some time on the ice, scoring for that team. I hope to make it big here in the VHL. I want to push whatever team I'm on to championships, and I one day hope to become a Captain of a team."- Andrew Taylor in an interview with the Vancouver Sun Newspaper.

"It's an absolute pleasure to have played for the Langley Riverman this season. We won the BCJHL Cup, and I went on to win the Scoring and Point awards. I couldn't have done it without my teammates, coaches, and family for supporting me the entire way. I hope to make it big one day. If that means VHL, NHL, SHL, or the KHL, I'll go there and play my ass off for a chance at something good. No matter what happens, I'll always be here to support the Riverman Organization and the guys that I played with this season." - Andrew Taylor on his phenomenal season with the Langley Riverman in an interview with the Langley Times.

"Andrew was truly a leader for this team on, and off the ice. He not only stuck up for his teammates, but he led the Langley Riverman to a championship! I feel like he will do wonders wherever he ends up."- Langley Riverman's Head Coach Julias Bergman on Andrew Taylor's success in the BCJHL in an interview with the Langley Times,

Final Notes

Andrew Taylor looks to be a very promising Rookie here in the VHL, but does he have what it takes to become a star? Does he have what it takes to lead his team to victory? All we need to do now is sit back, relax, and watch that red light go off when he scores goals.

Edited by ATaylor27_
Updated some of the information