Updating Format Tips

There was no post or thread posted over here. There was on the old site but I'll put it here. No one seems to update poorly on this site but figured I'd post this for any newer members and anyone we gain through recruitment. There are in fact proper ways to update that make it easier on the updater as well as yourself in the long run. There are many threads around the league that have your TPE listed and Media Articles do take from your update threads at times. If you keep it organized you can potentially avoid counting issues and missed updates going forward.

Here are some of the little things that make your updates better:

1. List your TPE at the end of every update post you have.

Example: +12 TPE this Update

46 + 12 = 58 TPE

2. Label your links.

Example: Instead of this - http://www.vhlsim.invisionzone.com

It should be this - VHL Community Index

3. Never add out the Attribute total.

Example: Not this -  Scoring +1 (4 TPE) (91-92)

Do this - Scoring +4 (91 --> 95)

*Reason for is that Updaters simply go from your old total and add 4 TPE to that attitude anyways.

Also we add by TPE collectively, not Attribute points.

4. Remember that if you update your Opening Post with your TPE amount and Attributes, that it is only for your record. As the final say is what is listed in your actual Player Page and is only updated by an Updater.

5. When your player is updated on the board, he is not necessarily updated in the Sim Engine.

Good Examples of Updating

Ethan Osborne

Naomi Young

Phil Villeneuve

How do you label links?  I've tried using the code under the Special BBCode option, but for whatever reason it doesn't work.

In the top left corner there is a Switch button. If you click it it brings you to the coding. All you simply do is change the second url in the link to the title of what it is. Edited by Kendrick

Ouch, no mention of me here?

Only coding associated with you is the coding put on the telegraphed passes from Cutler to DB's.

In the top left corner there is a Switch button. If you click it it brings you to the coding. All you simply do is change the second url in the link to the title of what it is.

or you can do this:

[url=thelinktowhatyouareclaiming.com]Practice Facility[/url]

I always updated like this:

Fan +1

Mag +7

Grader Pay +1

PF +1

PE: 10

TPE: 250->260

Scoring +10

50->60

I've been an updater in the past in other leagues, so I know what a pain it is to update bad formats.

Edited by sherifflobo