Ranking the Brand Names

Advantage

Admittedly, I haven’t paid as close to the brands as I’d like to, even going so far as only now realizing I’m not apart of mine’s club, so writing on the theme of the week is tricky for me.  Therefore, I’ll be doing more of an opinion piece on the brands, by providing you a bottom to top on which names are the most appealing strictly on the name of the brand.  As anyone in marketing will tell you, a brand’s name can determine so much in regards to how much success you will have and while that may not be the case with these names, it does shape how I feel towards them in the future.

6th – Ubuyalot Games – Listen, this is just trash.  You know what I wouldn’t do when I see this name? Buy a lot of games.  While there are some excellent players representing this brand, such as Jasper Canmore, Norris Stropko and top notch prospect, Brick Wahl, this brand’s name pretty much eliminates it from me ever being interested (well, not really but I’m going to pretend as such). 

5th – Netflex – My brand…I joined them cause they offered the most money after most offered the top prospect in the S64 draft either 250K or no monetary value..so yeah I went to them since they offered 750K.  That being said, the name isn’t great only due to the fact that it just sounds sorta lame.  It isn’t my least favourite, but there are definitely better plays on real products listed on this ranking.  However, it didn’t stop me from joining them so maybe Ubuyalot Games has nothing to worry about? Just kidding.

4th – Viking – Listen, I think things start to look up here.  Oh wait, “Viking”…fuck that just reminds me of the Stockholm Vikings.  The team, seemingly inspired off of my former team’s trash tier play finds its way onto my list at number four with little chance of ever moving up.  I don’t mind brands having just one name, ala the last two, but this does seem pretty generic.  That being said, it does earn points for being a name that I could actually see on actual hockey equipment, and for that it finds its way onto our list around middle of the pack.

3rd – True North Gear – Again, this one earns points cause I feel like I’m writing about a real brand with a name like that.  It sounds like the name you’d see for a winter apparel store rather than a hockey one, but it’s still something I can appreciate.  You could even see it only sourcing Canadian-made stuff so this brand is pretty lit.  I may rep them in the future and if so, I want a sick True North Gear balaclava. 

2nd – Haterade – I really wanted to get on Haterade…but they were the team that offered me 250K so I ended up passing.  Their name though is great and I think when we all saw the brand name for the first time, knew it was definitely going to be officially picked cause it just works so well.  While I can’t say it’s a realistic brand name, it’s pretty much the perfect one for our unprofessional and sometimes chaotic league.

1st – Jolt Juice – Another team I had a strong interest in but the guy running it apparently thought I was taken so only was able to offer non-monetary contract.  I hope to eventually make the switch to Jolt Juice down the line cause this is hands down the best name.  It’s realistic, makes me want to drink something and rolls off the tounge so well.  I actually had to look up if there was something already named this cause it sounds that damn good.