McAllister: Most Awards Since O'Malley?

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for hockey award winner

Seattle -- Three seasons ago, after Season 60, @street had a look at the most individual awards won by player and member. At the time, Seattle forward Gabriel McAllister was coming off his first MVP season, giving him seven individual awards through the first five seasons of his career. It was a solid number, yes, but to make the top five all-time with 10 total awards, it would take at least one, if not more, great seasons.

It seems, though, that McAllister has gotten there. He would go to Davos and win three awards in Season 61, with a Boulet, Campbell and Kanou to give him ten total. Season 62 would produce a year off, but this year, he has stormed back once again -- with 137 points, he clinched his second Szatkowski trophy by more than 20 points, and came one Ironside hot streak away from getting the Brooks for most goals as well.

That award gives him 11 individual awards, tying him with Franchise Cornerstone for third all-time. McAllister also has to be considered the favorite for his third Boulet for two-way forwards, and will likely be on the ballot for the Campbell (MVP) and Slobodzian (MOP) as well. If he wins even one of those, McAllister becomes alone in third all-time behind Thomas O'Malley (17) and Scotty Campbell himself (19) for individual awards.

It's been a long career for McAllister, but he's happy his final regular season could be as dominant as it's been. "My playmaking certainly stepped up this year, and that feels good. 84 assists blows my previous mark out of the water," the player noted in a recent press conference. "It goes to show the what a little hard work and great teammates around me can do. And maybe, just maybe, I can end my career with my third championship and Kanou [Playoff MVP] as well!"

• Admin

I find it so odd you've only just scraped 800 points despite nearly 400 goals and clearly being the dominant forward of the generation. Should have racked up the assists. :P 

I guess the 99 points back-to-back with Davos didn't help.

Either way, it's all about the playoffs right. Given my past with Chershenko I totally respect prioritising the playoffs. ;) 

Just now, Victor said:

Either way, it's all about the playoffs right. Given my past with Chershenko I totally respect prioritising the playoffs. ;) 

Hans Wingate agrees. But yeah, I pumped all my points into scoring, skating and puck handling first, so not too surprised about the assist totals particularly early (though I'm still Top 20 all-time in points). What I enjoy more is that I meant to build a pure offensive threat and didn't put a single point into checking until my third season - and am still gonna finish Top 20 in hits with potentially three Boulets.

• Admin
Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

Hans Wingate agrees. But yeah, I pumped all my points into scoring, skating and puck handling first, so not too surprised about the assist totals particularly early (though I'm still Top 20 all-time in points). What I enjoy more is that I meant to build a pure offensive threat and didn't put a single point into checking until my third season - and am still gonna finish Top 20 in hits with potentially three Boulets.

Cast is exactly the same (still just 70 passing) but somehow much more assist focused. Sim is a fickle bitch.

I was actually going to suggest that the hits is what drove down the points but maybe that doesn't make as much sense. I won't try it though, faceoffs is the place for excess TPE.

40 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Man Brick Wahl agrees.  Unlike Wingod the only reason brick got in was playoffs