Elasmobranch Fish Press Conference

Sharkstrong

4 hours ago, Sharkstrong said:

AMA!

⤵️

1. Welcome to the league, bud. First timer? Make sure to keep your head on a swivel.

2. Making heavy progress on that TPE. Any point (goals, assists) predictions for this upcoming season? 

3. Halifax 21st. Why?

4. Going forward, what kind of role do you see yourself playing with Halifax?

5. As one of the many new guys on 21st, what separates you from the rest of the recruits?

2 hours ago, nick_716 said:

1. Welcome to the league, bud. First timer? Make sure to keep your head on a swivel.

2. Making heavy progress on that TPE. Any point (goals, assists) predictions for this upcoming season? 

3. Halifax 21st. Why?

4. Going forward, what kind of role do you see yourself playing with Halifax?

5. As one of the many new guys on 21st, what separates you from the rest of the recruits?

1.  Yes, first time in the VHL, mate. I'm motivated and ready to roll.
  2. I'm sure I can get 8-10 TPE weekly, if that's enough. Maybe a bit more. I don't really have any personal goal. I know nothing about hockey so I'll take this season to learn the mechanichs of the game and the stats and such things.
  3. Otawa and Vegas were pretty stacked and contenders. Back with the Reginald and Demetrius Sharkstrong in the EFL and with Malik in the SBA I won the championship in my first season after recruiting, and it was very cool, but the following seasons where always a bit hard because people wanted to match past results. I wanted something different now. I'd like a team poised to go up for once, instead of high expectations.
  4. I'd like to be a first teamer and play alongside Bolt Vanderhuge in the first line. I think that would be a good start.
  5. I still don't know much of my new teammates but I have some experience in other sim leagues. This means I also have some "confidence" in that I will be pushed to make a PT here or there. This pretty much guarantees that I'll be getting at least 6 and not going inactive.

6. What are your objectives for this first season with the 21st?

6. I'd like to learn as much hockey as possible and make a good run with the team. I'd like to get as far as possible with the team and to get ready for the pros. 

Edited by Sharkstrong

1. What type of player do you want to be? (Goal Scorer, Enforcer, etc.)

2. Long term goals?

3. Who inspires you as a player?

4. Which VHL Team do you want to sign with? (When you get out of the Minors,)

5. Favourite stick brand? (CCM, Sherwood, Bauer, etc.)

6. Thoughts on Balut?

@Sharkstrong

1. What are your goals for the upcoming VHLM season?

2. McWolf, Halifax's has decided to put you on the first defense pairing even though you only joined a week ago. Do you think you will be able to handle the ice-time and responsibility after only recently trying on your first pair of skates?

3. What do you think Halifax's advantages on disadvantages are over the other VHLM teams going into S64. 

4. Which team are you looking forward to playing the least?

5. As one of the newest members of the 21st, how do you think you are fitting in and getting along with everyone so far?

6. Where would you personally like to see Halifax be by the end of the season as a team. Cup champs? Better chemistry? You name it.

Edited by Thranduil

23 hours ago, Thranduil said:

@Sharkstrong

1. What are your goals for the upcoming VHLM season?

2. McWolf, Halifax's has decided to put you on the first defense pairing even though you only joined a week ago. Do you think you will be able to handle the ice-time and responsibility after only recently trying on your first pair of skates?

3. What do you think Halifax's advantages on disadvantages are over the other VHLM teams going into S64. 

4. Which team are you looking forward to playing the least?

5. As one of the newest members of the 21st, how do you think you are fitting in and getting along with everyone so far?

6. Where would you personally like to see Halifax be by the end of the season as a team. Cup champs? Better chemistry? You name it.

1. I want to learn the nuances of the league and to understand the game better. But i'd really like to help my team to win the championship, that would be the ultimate goal.
  2. I'm learning fast and my level has already increased a lot. If McWolf has put me there is because he has seen something in me, and I will make every thing needed to convince him that he was right.
  3. There's a lot of things I still don't know about the league, but I'd say that our biggest advantage is commitment. Everyone seems on the same page, and altough our TPE levels don't place us between the favourites to win we firmly believe that we can do it. The team has some perceived disadvantages for our rivals, but I think we can overcome anything as long as we stay together and strong.
  4. I don't fear any team. At this stage I want to play every team, every day, and the most minutes possible.
  5. Everyone has welcommed me to the team. It's been a pleasure to share the lockerroom with this guys, especially with John Madden @Thranduil, who is teaching me all the aspects of the game.
  6. Champions. I'm sure the chemistry is there and will continue to be. As I said before every team member is motivated and ready work and make things work, and that makes for a good lockerroom. So what I really want the team to accomplish is the Championship. Some may say we are not good enough, but that won't stop us from trying. So far we are doing very good, and we will continue getting better each week.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What do you think of the league thus far, and do you see yourself continuing on in the game for a long time?

2. You play hockey in real life?

3. Gretzky or Lemieux and why?

4. What don't you like about this game so far?

5. What type of after game alcohol do you consume? Or do you the blunt?