Sitting Down with Denver Wolfe [1/2]

Free-shipping-Ireland-Flag-Irish-Flag-3-

Sitting Down With Denver Wolfe

As a newcomer to any league, players are anxious to get their names out there and let people know just who they are. The same can be said about the newest addition to the VHL/VHLM community by a young fierce red-headed boy by the name of Denver Wolfe. Denver, a native of Ireland joined the league in hopes to break down the barriers and stigmas around Irish folk and hockey, he's hoping that by competing on such a big platform people will begin to realize that Irishmen and Irishwomen alike can in fact stand up with the best of them. That being said, below is the first ever interview with Denver Wolfe after coming to the VHL. 

VHLM INTERVIEWER: Hello everyone and thank you so much for joining us live at VHLM.com. We're here with a magnificent young talent who has just joined the ranks today and his name is none other than Denver Wolfe. Denver, first and foremost thank you for joining me today, it is an honor and a privilege to have you here. 

DENVER WOLFE: Honestly its a dream come true and a pleasure to be here myself. Thank you so much for having me. 

VHLM INTERVIEWER: You're very welcome. Now Denver, we know you made a few impact statements in Ireland with all the press back home but obviously with some questions of our own, we're hoping you can make a few more. The first question simply has to be, what was the logic behind coming to join this league? 

DENVER WOLFE: Great question, and while I did answer some back home, I absolutely knew I'd have to answer some here, and I've come prepared. Basically, there is only so much you can do in Ireland if really anything. My dad made me a makeshift hockey rink in our backyard as we own a lot of property but the upkeep of the rink was very expensive because we always had to keep it chilled and smooth, that being said, I felt like not only would coming to America further benefit me from showcasing my talents and everything I've taught myself, but it would also put out to the world that us in Ireland know a thing or two about hockey too. 

VHLM INTERVIEWER: Well now you've got me curious Denver, you just said you're self-taught which means no professional lessons, no other experience in a minor league of any kind, everything you're bringing to the table is completely self-taught?

DENVER WOLFE: Absolutely is. We've got internet just like the rest of you around the world and all I would really do is play videos of skating techniques, stick handling techniques and binge watch countless hours of these videos to really establish myself on the ice. Once I felt comfortable on one aspect of my game, say my skating, I would move on to the next. I did this for years since I was a wee little kid, and it's really brought out all of the good and the bad of me, but I believe now with everything I've taught myself, I can be successful. 

VHLM INTERVIEWER: Well I have to say that this is certainly not only the most amazing story we've heard, but also the most unique. To have a player enter the league with no professional experience but having so many positive things said about him is amazing, we're certainly excited to see this talent you've created. Now with that being said, the big question has to be and I'm sure everyone is going to be recording here when I say this...whose it going to be? In the VHLM you have multiple teams, which one have you chosen? 

DENVER WOLFE: Right down to the big question huh? I guess I should have seen that coming. I have in fact chosen an offer and while it's not been publicly announced, I guess you'll all hear it here first. I have decided to go with the Las Vegas Aces, an organization that presented themselves wonderfully to me, with a lot of poise to be a top tier player in their organization. From what I've read up on them they seem like the type of organization I can be a good fit in. While the other teams offering on me were just as established, speaking with the general manager really helped open my eyes to what the area is all about plus they do say that Las Vegas is known as sin city and I've never experienced a place quite like that, so hopefully moving forward I'll see I've made the right choice. 

VHLM INTERVIEWER: While I'm sure some may be shocked this sounds like an excellent place and they do in fact call it sin city so expect some fun times out there for sure. That all being said, is there any final thoughts you would like to put out there for the world to hear? 

DENVER WOLFE: Not much else from me other than another thank you for having me and just letting everyone know to keep their eyes on me because I plan to make big waves very quick, I am not the type of guy to sit around and expect things to be handed to me, I want people to know my name and I'll make sure they know my name. 

VHLM INTERVIEWER: There you have it folks, you heard it here first from Las Vegas' very own Denver Wolfe, newest defender on the team. This is the VHLM report signing off, have a good night. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Sitting Down with Denver Wolfe [1/2]