Gebauers start in the VHL

Sova

Mark Gebauer has started his VHL career playing for Calgary and so far he seems to be still struggling with adjusting to the big leagues.

In his first 10 games, Mark has only been able to score 2 goals with 3 assists to go along with it which puts him at 5 points. The other players that were drafted alongside Mark also seem to be struggling as Dahlberg and Ryan Sullivan both also only have 4 points, this seems to indicate that there is no reason to worry about Mark and he just needs some time in the Majors to get used to the quicker game and the more physical players that he will be playing against.

The only thing concerning about Mark is that he has yet to get close to his scoring ability from last year but seems to be less of a problem when he plays on a higher line wich with time he wants to do anyway so we might see mark unlocking his true potential in the near future when he is allowed to play on the second line but that might take some time.

All in all Mark seems to be adjusting to the VHL as good as most of his fellow rookies but he is having some major problems for sure and will need to step up his game if he wants to make his first season in the VHL memorable but we have seen him practising hard every day so we can assume he will improve and hopefully soon have a breakout performance that shows his true potential to the rest of the league.

1 hour ago, Esso2264 said:

don't look at Ylonen stats and you're gonna feel good

Well I mean  you have a plus minus of -3 while on a winning team and your line mates are serving you points on a silver platter so if I was you I would rather be me.