QUE/SEA/HEL

hedgehog337

Ron-Hextall-1.jpg

*making offers...*

Kind of a clickbait, isn't it? Well, that's exactly what happened this Monday between these teams. Seattle, Quebec and Helsinki made a sequence of trades which pretty much became a three way. And it's not like it involved some small assets. It was indeed a big one which was promising a change of scenery of this season. The end result of this: 

Seattle receives:

Veran Dragomir

Quebec City receives:

Jake Davis

Konstantin Mulligan

S65 DAV 4th

S66 SEA 3rd

Helsinki receives:

The Charm

What happened? Seattle. The rumors are swirling about Bana retiring from GM'ing after he beats a D_A record. It looks like he decided to make something big before doing that. He brought a big player who was supposed to be an offensive powerhouse for Quebec, but never had a proper chemistry with his teammates. He is doing a bit better job in Seattle, but it's still a Malenko-Thompson show there and I'm not sure if Veran will be the main figure in Bears' playoff run. More like there was another reasoning why Bana did this trade. 

What happened? Quebec. At the time of that trade, the Meute was still a team with so much promise but with a mediocre offense. And that's with two 800+ TPE forwards plus another solid ones like Palo and Harding. So Beav has decided to pull this trade to make a shakeup. He gave the one of the biggest stars in order to acquire Davis, The Charm and a couple of secondary picks. The Charm was traded to Helsinki then. Looks like it kinda worked. Davis was good in Seattle and he never missed a beat after moving to Quebec. That also helped Beau to stay at his level despite losing Veran. 

What happened? Helsinki. At the end of the day, they basically made a Mulligan - The Charm swap. Quik is trying to solidify the offence for a half of season (since an Irish centre is heading to FA regardless). I believe he was doing a bit better in Seattle, but that's mainly because of you know which two guys. So I guess he is still doing what Helsinki wants from him. 

WHO WON?

:sea: - WON. To be fair, there is no such difference between Veran and The Charm as this moment. The another reasoning I was mentioned earlier was about a longterm. As we know already, The Charm will be FA and there's nothing Seattle management could've done. Veran Dragomir still has the next season under a contract and of course it's a better thing. Also, it allowed Garrop to make his proper debut which is also nice. Making a firesale following this season wouldn't be a pleasant experience, this is like only a second year Seattle is competing for real. Veran makes sure it isn't happening so that's win for this team even if they had to trade a solid player in Jake Davis.

:hel: - WON. I think we can say surely that The Charm in better than Mulligan. That's definitely is a win. Even for a half of season. 

:que: - WON? It's a bit harder to rate this trade from Quebec's perspective. They got Jake Davis which is great. He's also younger than Dragomir which is even nicer. So that's another plus for this team. And these picks might actually turn into steals as we are experiencing deep drafts lately. But...Konstantin Mulligan? No offense to this player, but I don't think he will bring something valuable to this team. He's not about scoring life and his build is weird. He has 93 checking? The problem is only Palo is having less than 70 checking and now they brought another power forward? Quebec doesn't needs that. Also, they had to trade Pat Svoboda. And meanwhile he was struggling there, I believe he still has more potential that Mulligan. So I can't say that Quebec definitely won. But they didn't lose either. It's just they won less than Seattle and Helsinki. 

So nobody lost in this three way trade. Some team got more, some less. But all three GM's can be happy with the result. 

That's it and I'm out. 

6 TPE goes to Kallis. 

Quebec received the best long term benefit from this trade. Davis is already solid and young with room to grow and Mulligan shouldn't be counted out just yet. And those picks may just turn out to be gems.

Seattle received a little better upside and locked in player for next year and he's a now player to help boost the club in the playoffs.

Helsinki at this point in time traded up getting Charm. They gave up youthful potential for a solid soon to be FA veteran. Who knows, maybe he'll resign with Helsinki or maybe he'll wanna sign elsewhere.