Richard Hejtsel | #9

D | 6' 0" | 200 lb | Age: 18 | Oslo Storm |
dsc01484.jpg

Name: Richard Hejtsel

Born: November 5th, 1999

Birthplace: Riga, Latvia

Shoots: Left

PLAYSTYLE
Offensive defenceman, reliable in his own zone, but always ready to join the attack and shoot the puck.

Strengths
Offense & Defense: Hejtsel is an excellent defender, you can rely on him holding down or getting pucks off of dangerous opponents, he also positions himself in situations where he can use his body to block a lot of incoming shots and cover tight points, whenever an opportunity of attack appears, he uses it. The ability to almost instantly join the attack and help out his offense is what Richard strives for, snatching pucks off of dangerous enemies and turning those situations into attacks is what this player aims for, in his childhood he always was looking up to defenceman like "Erik Karlsson" or "Brent Burns". Always trying to mimic what they do in certain situations and understanding why they do things they do is what set this player apart from all the others when he was playing hockey growing up.
He also has a strong shot, demanding he gets put into Powerplay situations, because when a slap shot is coming from this guy, its most likely going in the net.

Hitting & Passing: Richard loves physical play and with his body he is a threat when going into shallow corners, he will not hesitate or think twice about hitting or checking you, because of this he sometimes gets penalties for boarding.
Having the ability to accurately pass the puck is something Hejtsel possesses as well, he always manages to find good opportunities to pass the puck or setup his teammates so that they can score. Though most preferably he would like to be the one scoring, he has admitted that in the end he doesn't care how the puck ends up in the net, as long as he gets an assist at least.

Weaknesses
Discipline And Fighting: Richard has always been known as the dude that sits in the penalty box at least once every game, his temperament is what drags him down, he tries getting away with pretty much everything, but that's because of his competitiveness, he always wants to be the winner and will use pretty much anything to win, whenever he gets a penalty he might even get a bonus for unsportsmanlike conduct, because of this he sometimes gets into arguments and might even drop the gloves. His size makes him a pretty average fighter, but if something doesn't go his way during a game, this guy will probably try getting into a fight.

Skating: This wouldn't really be a weakness more of that this is a field where Richard lacks more than all the other aspects of his game and because of that he is aware of this weakness and intends to improve at it, so that he becomes more helpful and effective to his team, currently he can get to an average speed and acceleration.

Projection and Future

Currently Richard is playing for the Oslo Storm of the VHLM, he has 9P in his first 17GP(3G/6A) and is looking to have a decent ending to his first season in the VHLM. 
He isn't too keen on looking what the future offers him, but if he keeps working like he has till this point, he might be a steal in his draft year.

• 4 weeks later...

Review:

First of all, I'll say that something has gone wrong in the editing and your picture link has been deleted, and therefor there's just an empty link(might want to fix that)
Lets move on the rookie profile:
  I'll admit I really like the way you have edited the whole article, the letter size, the punctuation and bullet-points you've used really catch the reader's attention and I feel is very easily readable, which is nice.
On to the profile itself - Nice writeups in that you put together 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses together so it's not as clustered, I personally would have separated them as it helps you focus on one individually, which just would be easily more understandable.
I like the touch of "Projection and Future", not many people do this but it's a nice addition, lets you have an insight on the players thought's on his future.
Overall - Very nicely edited Profile, only couple of things that could maybe be worked upon(separating the strengths into solo and then more description on each individually, and the picture fix), but good job!

Review- Looks good. First picture link is broken, but I’m not going to hold that against you. Generally I’d like to see a few more photos, I find it breaks up the text and adds some life to articles. Well written, probably could have broken up the strengths and weaknesses individually to get more length but, it’s actually less wordy this way so it’s not a bad thing! Keep it up and good luck in your rookie year!