Wendy Cain Rookie Profile [1/2]

SlashACM

Name: Wendy "Kandee" Cain
Height: 65 inches
Weight: 140 pounds
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois

Wendy grew up playing with her brothers and learned a lot from them, all three siblings going to different leagues in North America. A part of the prestigious Cain hockey bloodline, she has a lot to live up to as well as a lot to prove in the VHL.

Strengths:

Agility

Wendy is small, like her brothers, but makes up for it with fantastic flexibilty and reflexes. Her positioning can only get her so far when you don't take up much net, so she is forced to make acrobatic saves and keep the crowd guessing what will be a goal and what will be an amazing save. Her whole career Wendy has proven that size isn't everything, and she hopes to be a household name someday.

Blocker

Wendy knows her way around a knob, and has denied many a man the pleasure of scoring on her with the butt end of her stick. Fantastic reflexes on her right side, she can afford to cheat a bit because you need a perfect shot to get one past the blocker on Wendy. Luckily it takes shooters a while to realize this, costing them precious shots that they could be using elsewhere on the net.

Personality

This might not seem important to hockey, but on the contrary, you need a goaltender with a little fire to motivate your team. If the defense is slacking or the offense is taking lazy shots, Wendy will let them know. Loudly. She is a natural leader and has been fighting her whole life to be louder than her two obnoxious brothers. She is a fun loving person most of all, and lots of locker hijinks and bonding are sure to happen with Wendy on the team.

Weaknesses:

Size

To counter her agility, she stands at a unimpressive 5 feet, 5 inches and is 140 pounds dripping wet, so there is a lot of net to look at. Her reflexes can only get her so far, and a nice shot off the post is enough to beat her 7 times out of 10. One thing Wendy will have to work on in her training is really challenging the shooter and using all the tricks in the book to appear bigger and gain an adavntage in net.

Glove

Her reflexes are very quik, but her actual glove hand could use some work. Some of the time she just whiffs on the shot, leading to an easy goal that really should be a save, and she has trouble closing the glove around the puck, causing an unnecessary rebound as the puck bounces off of the inside leather of the trapper. This is a huge weakness in her game and she better sort it out quik if she wants to be a legitimate starter in the pros.

Temper

Wendy has never been a calm person, and keeping her cool in high pressure situations is something that she definitely needs to work on. All of the best goalies are very calm and collected in intense situations, yet Wendy is verbally abusive and yelling when she gets frustrated. She has taken many a slashing penatly, some costly, when a screener gets a little close. This is another big flaw in her game that she needs to correct in order to advance her career.

There you have it, Wendy Cain in a nutshell. I hope you enjoyed this look at Cain's game and the areas she can improve on in the coming seasons.

Review- Slash my good man, it only took you two paragraphs to mention a knob. I see the therapy is paying off. Well written, I knew what I was in for from Discord but many other may not, but funny and kept me entertained unlike the usually blabbing about hockey skills. Would have liked a picture, but other than that it’s a job well done. Good luck in your rookie year (and may we win many games!)

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Wendy Cain Rookie Profile [1/2]