Missing OHL Player, Terry Trafford

Boragina

Hey guys, not sure how many of you heard of it, but since March 3rd, Terry Trafford of the OHL's Saginaw Spirit has been missing. I don't know all the details, but reports suggest he was suspended from the team prior to his disappearance.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/03/10/terry_trafford_missing_ohl_player_may_not_have_come_back_to_canada_police.html

I know we are a small community but the more people know the better. If you know anything please contact Saginaw or Toronto police.

Trafford grew up like 3 streets away from me and was one of my brothers best friends when he was younger. Obviously they grew apart as Terry has been in Michigan the last four years of his life, but it still is a horrible situation.

Thank you. 

Guest Svoboda_3

Tough to hear. But my question is, in a public place like a Wal-Mart parking lot, why was his vehicle not identified by anyone? Clearly this was something that was made public in Saginaw. Like everyone leaves for the night and what would be left in a parking lot would be a lone vehicle or two and nobody until now noticed?

I guess it would depend on how long the vehicle would have been there though.

RIP, so young.

To me this screams police negligence. Sorry but a car parked in a Wal-Mart even after one full employee shit would start to become something someone notices. From what I've gathered in this is that the President is a clown.

Tough to hear. But my question is, in a public place like a Wal-Mart parking lot, why was his vehicle not identified by anyone? Clearly this was something that was made public in Saginaw. Like everyone leaves for the night and what would be left in a parking lot would be a lone vehicle or two and nobody until now noticed?

I guess it would depend on how long the vehicle would have been there though.

RIP, so young.

Perhaps it was surrounded by Walmart campers. Either way, it is a sad story and one where the team likely could have helped the kid out more when he was showing signs of depression.

Personally, I would like to see the CHL implement a mandatory mental check-up for these kids. They are taken away from their families at 16 years old, and if nothing comes of it, dumped out only four years later when they are barely men. You have just four years to prove yourself, and when you don't it's extremely tough on a person. 

Hopefully the CHL learns from such a horrible situation.

Guest Svoboda_3

Perhaps it was surrounded by Walmart campers. Either way, it is a sad story and one where the team likely could have helped the kid out more when he was showing signs of depression.

Your Wal-Mart does that too? Here in P.A. they installed plug ins and lighting specifically designed for campers. Silly really.

They probably sell lots of bacon in the morning though haha. Smarch lived ina Walmart parking lot last summer, good times I say.

And also it really is terrible how the CHL uses these kids, same with NCAA fwiw. They should have more mental health help, but I say that all the time.

Guest Svoboda_3

Connor Low, going from rags to riches, a Wal-Mart parking lot to the New York Americans.

BOOM! Someone has a MS topic.

They probably sell lots of bacon in the morning though haha. Smarch lived ina Walmart parking lot last summer, good times I say.

And also it really is terrible how the CHL uses these kids, same with NCAA fwiw. They should have more mental health help, but I say that all the time.

At least the NCAA is providing these kids a reduced/free education. But I agree the NCAA is an extremely corrupt organization, especially when it comes to college football.

Edited by Kyle

At least the NCAA is providing these kids a reduced/free education. But I agree the NCAA is an extremely corrupt organization, especially when it comes to college football.

Was going to say that. CHL players are carted around for four years (usually) and then cast out into the real world without any sort of backup plan. 

They do get an education plan with a different tier of money each year they're in the league.  Most players who don't make it to the pros end up in university using their plan.

But I agree, the CHL needs to do more for mental health, especially with all the deaths of enforcers three years ago.

Was going to say that. CHL players are carted around for four years (usually) and then cast out into the real world without any sort of backup plan. 

Except you get a full paid scholarship for every year you play in the CHL.

Yes it was great living in the wal-mart parking lot, crazy how it's the only place to go until capsites open up when it dries up in the southeast

a band I played a show with was on tour and always looked for the nearest Walmart to park their van and sleep in if they couldn't crash at a house. They've never had any problems. Edited by AwfulHomesick

a band I played a show with was on tour and always looked for the nearest Walmart to park their van and sleep in if they couldn't crash at a house. They've never had any problems.

They actually encourage people staying in their parking lots, when I did there was no less then 12 campers there at all times.