Name: Tyler Barabash Jr.
Position: Center
Current Team: Philadelphia Reapers
Number: 15
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 240 Lbs.
Born: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Early Years

Tyler Barabash Jr. was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, while his father Tyler Barabash Sr. was playing for the Victory Hockey League Legion. While Sr was playing as goaltender for the Legion he taught his young son the ins and outs of the game. Growing up in the Legion rink saw Barabash learn some skills from some of the best hockey players in the world. Barabash wound up being taught the game by his father mostly but also was afforded the best coaches and training staff money could buy. Hockey camps and the best teams to play on as a kid were at his fingertips as his fathers pull was a big thing in those days. Seeing as how his father, retired Toronto Legion Goaltender Tyler Barabash Sr is also now a General Manager and Head Coach of the Calgary Wranglers now it should come as no surprise this young superstar has a high hockey IQ.

London Knights
Tyler's OHL career started, unlike many other young prospects, instead of starting on the bottom scratching and clawing his way up the depth chart trying to earn more ice time Barabash was instead pushed up the depth chart from his name alone at the start. While Barabash was a skilled player it was his size and nasty streak that really shone through and endeared him to his teammates. Although Barabash clearly disliked the fighting he did understand his physical role and played it well his first season in the OHL. As the season started coming closer to closing out Barabash wound up getting more and more ice time and playing a more important role on the team.

During his second season, Barabash found himself a role on the power play as his coaches found his big body and "silky mitts" to be the perfect combination to park in front of opposition goaltenders. This role on the power play was clearly one of the greatest joys for the youngster, he was finally one of the star players and more a part of the action and away from the protection role he played in part the previous season.

In his third season, Tyler came in at six foot eight and two hundred forty pounds and had an attitude. It wasn't long before he took the league by storm and had the league lead in goals and overall points which he never looked back from. The season finished with an astounding 68 Games - 105 Goals - 95 Assists - 200 Points - 62 Penalty Minutes.

R57qohr.png

Currently

After leading the OHL in goals and points, the young star was so talented he would be the first player in history to apply for an early draft exemption for the VHL to try and follow in his father's footsteps. The Victory Hockey League wound up denying the application for the early draft exemption and forced him to play for a VHLM team for one season. The decision came after the draft so the young star had his pick of teams and wound up choosing a new expansion team in the Philadelphia Reapers. This season with the Reapers will be his only season in the VHLM however and he will not be drafted in this next VHL draft as the league has decided after denying his exemption application to let him play under his father who is now General Manager and Head Coach of the Calgary Wranglers. Though there was interest he decided to forgo the NHL in hopes of following in his father's footsteps.

ZfKYJyH.png

Player Review
Pros

Skating: It's been part of his focus for a while now, preparing to skate at a pro level has made Barabash one of the fastest skaters in the VHLM. It certainly doesn't hurt that the youngster being six foot eight has a massive stride.

Size: As a big bodied player Barabash can do a lot of work in the slot and is very hard to move. With the hands to make the greasy tip-ins Barabash is an ideal big center for a pro team. 

Silky Mitts: Imagine you see a hockey player with soft hands who can dangle the puck like only the greats. Barabash is this player, the young star is set to become one of the greatest centers to ever play in the Victory Hockey League

Cons

The Celly:  Barabash is a showboat and it drives coaches crazy. As a fan of the game, some people may love this guys antics but it is over the top at times and can cost the team in multiple different ways. We doubt his father who is a hard-nosed coach will put up with much of his antics when he reaches the VHL level of play.

Too much time in the Sin-bin: Barabash Jr. is labeled a discipline problem but that is mostly from his size and willingness to protect teammates. The refs see his size and call him for anything, the reputation might be a little exaggerated but he does rack up a fair amount of minutes in the box.

Chirping: The mouth on this kid, let me tell you. With his size, not many people in the league want to fight him and he knows it. Barabash is an instigator and an agitator. 

Interview

Who is your favorite player? "Well my dad, of course, he'd kick my ass if I said anyone else. As far as current players I really like Jasper Canmore and want to model my game after his."

What is your favorite pregame meal? "I'm a Keto/paleo diet guy and I stay away from the starch. My favorite is a chili lime chicken with cauliflower rice knockoff."

What is your favorite music to get you pumped up for games? "Anything 90'd alt-rock is up my alley but I'll listen to almost anything, good music is good music."

What is your next favorite sport after hockey? "American football was a Sunday tradition in our household growing up and I have a great appreciation and love for the sport."

Edited by Bushito

Review 

Now this is a professional biography right here. It’s beautiful to look at, written superbly, and was creative. Easily the best biography I’ve read so far. It’s clear you put a lot of effort into it.

Having a father who was a VHL player and can afford to pay for the expensive coaches helps :P 

Your player sounds cocky, but I like it! 

Well done mate

I personally would leave the pros and cons for the rookie profile, and the interview for a media article. The actual biography portion is north of 600 words.

He sounds like a tool, so that's good writing on your part. I think you gave him good personality depth. It was an easy read and didn't find myself getting bored or lost.

TBH I think it's a good job but just a little lacking in biographical content

Edited by FacebookFighter

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Tyler Barabash Jr Biography [1/2]
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Tyler Barabash Jr Biography [2/2]