random quote #25

hedgehog337

I won't wait for 2 TPE from trivia and just do some writing again.

I checked once again at that S66 draftee pool and I'd like to congratulate GM's who are banking in this draft by taking as much picks as possible. And yes, I'm one of them. Moreso, I want to take more this off-season. Cause I'd say the S66 youngins might be the future of Riga since I have no intentions to rebuild. Like why should I with these drafts. The only thing that might concern me is the lack of defencemans in TOP 15. I could use one at least tbh. Perhaps there are some that are currently behind and are gonna catch up at the end of the season.

About this season. Riga is currently is sitting third and probably going to fight with Vancouver for #2 spot. Maybe with Seattle for the Victory Cup too, but their offense is going hard at this moment. And knowing who our goalie is...I'm not sure if getting that #1 spot is possible. I'd rather see us consistently beat some lower seed teams and hope for some luck against either SEA or VAN. As a whole, I'm happy to see our players doing good. And what's more important - both lines are working. I had problems with making a second line more relevant last season. I hope I won't have to experience the same problem now after I put Crimson and Glade together to second line/pair.

2 TPE goes to Kallis.

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I'd like to congratulate GM's who are banking in this draft by taking as much picks as possible. 

RIP Toronto

3 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

I forgot to mention that Devise teams don't count when it comes to draft picks. rsz_frxnfkb.png

Hey you know that list of top 15 players @Victor made? There is a guy there #2 that I recall having a huge hand in drafting. I wasn't credited GM till 42 but Romanes and I were running that show together before I formally took over. I'll draft players of that calibur, or even that calibur of member. 

That said this is a impressively deep draft. I still mantain draft picks are far more risky then trading and free agency players just purely on term. Steals in drafts have far more to do with member relations than the quality of players. How many good players drafted stayed loyal to the team that used the asset for them? Better yet, how many teams have dominated or been successful being built mostly on the teams own draft picks? Current Riga is probably an example. And you do have instances of it from some notable players. Still I feel like most HoF players split time between two teams. 

With a bigger league I do respect the approach of drafting deeper, but I still mantain that all that really matters is building a good core of players for the windows in which you are competing. Regardless if that's drafting, fa, or trades. The sheer idea though that because a draft pick has a 1st or 2nd associated with it that it's value is ""X" because of quality of draft alone, is something that always baffled me. There is zero guarantee that the player selected will help the team, fit a team need or even stay on the team, past 3 seasons. That is even assuming said player stays active. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, Devise said:

Hey you know that list of top 15 players @Victor made? There is a guy there #2 that I recall having a huge hand in drafting

Didn't you give up a bunch of picks to make sure you had that pick? :P

5 hours ago, Devise said:

Steals in drafts have far more to do with member relations than the quality of players.

Idk. Can't say I'm very familiar with either Kayfabe, SwagSloth or Toasty. These three were drafted late and may break 300 TPE at some point. And yes, any late pick that makes the big league and still updating consistently (even if it's a welfare) is a steal in my eyes. So maybe they won't be considered as steals for you. To be fair, you with Pajari could fit into the ''member relation steal'' category.

other than that, fair enough.